Jambands.ca

Todd Brian and the Neu Hillside...... The Lanc, Apr 22 (set times included)

Blurry

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great night! Thanks to everyone who made it out - it was a lovely crowd (guy in red hat excluded)!

Schwa and Prost sounded great - nice playing and great harmonies!

I had a ton of fun playing and I know the rest of the guys did too after that.

And what a treat it was to see Dave, Todd, Doug, Ricky and Ryan playing together - they sounded awesome and a real fun cover song night!

Thanks to the musicians for making this happen and the folks who worked the door!

Great work putting this show together Blurry!

I wish I hadn't missed the Schwipping Prost set but heard lots of good things about it from people who were there from the start.

I am still astounded at how far The Blurry Pickers have come in such a short amount of time! I really enjoyed your set ... great work guys!

The Diesel Pussy set was a lot of fun! It was a treat to see members of two of my favourite bands sharing the stage.

Lots of friendly faces all around, including some that I haven't seen in a while. Once again I was reminded how lucky I am to have connected with such an amazing group of friends over the years!

Peace, Mark

Damn that was fun. The whole night surpassed my expectations, and I was going in thinking it would be a great night.

Loved the run of songs that Shwipping Prost played. Harmonies were great. And some great guitar work at times as well.

I echo Tonin's sentiments about the Blurry Pickers. Best I've seen you guys yet I think. Looked like they were all enjoying themselves too which is always infectious for me.

And I LOVED the (good kind of) tension that was on stage for the Diesel Cats collaboration too. It was the perfect mix of each of the band's flavours. And I thoroughly enjoyed the set list. I can't remember all that was played, but here's a sample:

2nd that Emotion

Dead Flowers

Brown Eyed Women

Down in the Hole (yes Tom Waits!!)

Eleanor Rigby

I'm Going Down (yes Jeff Beck!!)

Breadbox

Hard to Handle

There were more, and a couple I was unfamiliar with. The Beck and Waits tunes were probably my highlights, perhaps cause it was the first time I've heard them played live.

And thanks Schwa & Elemeno for allowing us to stretch the jam out into the wee hours. A great night to be sure!

And thanks Schwa & Elemeno for allowing us to stretch the jam out into the wee hours. A great night to be sure!

yeah, thanks guys - that was a lot of fun!

I'm pretty sure TB & TNHSO played 6 Days on the Road too - the setlist was great! I especially loved the Dead Flowers!

C-towns - crazy red hat was from the downstairs crowd.

Here's most of the Blurry Pickers set;

1) Freight Train (Fred Eaglesmith)

2) Trouble Ahead, Trouble Behind

3) Rail Tie Blues

4) Codeine (Trampled by Turtles)

5) Boneparte's Retreat (Traditional)

6) Honeysuckle Baby

7) Blackberry Blossom (Traditional)

8) I Hear Them All (Old Crow Medicine Show)

9) The Backporch

10) Standing on the Rock (Ozark Mountain Daredevils)

11) ? (a Bach song that Ryan wrote lyrics to)

12) Down Home Girl (Stones, OCMS cover)

13) Caroline

14) A Long Way from Home

15) Bill Angus

16) Fallin' On My Knees (Traditional)

And I LOVED the (good kind of) tension that was on stage for the Diesel Cats collaboration too. It was the perfect mix of each of the band's flavours.

2nd that Emotion

Dead Flowers

Brown Eyed Women

Down in the Hole (yes Tom Waits!!)

Eleanor Rigby

I'm Going Down (yes Jeff Beck!!)

Breadbox

Hard to Handle

There were more, and a couple I was unfamiliar with. The Beck and Waits tunes were probably my highlights, perhaps cause it was the first time I've heard them played live.

Well said. 'Going Down' was definitely the highlight of that set for me but yes the whole good tension between the two groups was excellent.

Such a good time back in the basement, I can only imagine that my feet were still tapping long after I laid my head to rest.

C-towns - crazy red hat was from the downstairs crowd.

I tried talking some sense into him to no avail, imagine that...

That 'Caroline' sure stood out to me in your set Blurry, good work again.

yeah, I had a talk with buddy red hat too - he was just way way out there - fighting was on his mind for sure - the great thing was nobody would give him the time of day or people were just showering love on him - not at all what he wanted!!

Glad you guys like that Caroline tune - Rusty just wrote that one (it was our second time playing it) - it's got a great feel to it!

And thanks for the kind words Sara!

I'm going to try and get a few pics up the next day or two.