Jambands.ca

New WILCO album and TOUR DATES!

Kanada Kev

the shows will likely be about the same, especially 'cause they're promoting the new album

i'd put money on feist showing up to one show, if not both, especially given Tweedy will be playing with her in Toronto soon, and since Leslie showed up to night2 of tweedy's solo shows in toronto not too long ago.

Anybody else coming for the Mtl show next weekend?

I'm really looking forward to the injection of this new material into the shows. The last two times I've seen Wilco, the setlists have been near carbon copies. But I think that's more a coincidence than a pattern. They do mix up the sets fairly well. And maybe a sign I've seen them too many times.

Great hitting the show with Andrew, Basher and Tasha. Bumped into TimmyB outside Massey too.

As always, Wilco puts on a good show. However, this was definitely the second show of the tour. I thought it showed.

I've totally been digging the new album, and they did a bunch of material on it (quickly offset by a classic here and there to please fans). A lot of the performance just seemed to not have the depth, soul, power, etc. that I normally get from a Wilco performance.

Very little interaction between Tweedy and the crowd too. Some fun light-hearted stuff during a major brain-fart lyric forgetting moment.

Pat Sansone (guitar/keys) looked like a bit of a rookie as he continuously was losing his plug for his guitar every time he posed.

Still, left happy, just not as happy as over-the-moon as in the past.

A few more gigs on this tour and I'm sure they'll be ramping it up.

Edited by Guest

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...