Jambands.ca

Soundgarden!!!

mister slippery

Is the setlist in the Toronto Sun complete? I was really disappointed not to see Loud Love and Hands All Over on it. Oh well, Ugly Truth and Gun should be good.

SET LIST:

Black Rain

Searching With My Good Eye Closed

Spoonman

Gun

Rusty Cage

Blow Up the Outside World

Let Me Drown

Jesus Christ Pose

My Wave

The Day I Tried to Live

Outshined

Beyond the Wheel

Fell on Black Days

Ugly Truth

Burden in My Hand

Superunknown

Black Hole Sun

4th of July

ENCORE:

Face Pollution

Like Suicide

Slaves & Bulldozers

I'm glad they are back, if only to help out Ben Shepherd's empty bank account (he was broke) and to put to rest Audioslave and Cornell's solo career. I hope they put out a new album, but I hear this isn't part of their immediate plans.

This is a very clever post, right on all accounts.

Ben Shepherd really did look pissed off all show. Almost seemed like he was the epitome of what people say when slagging off reunion tours/shows, that "they're only in it for the money". Given his recent financial issues, it's excusable, but the others were all having a blast, while Ben looked someone pissed in his coffee.

Plus, Cornell doesn't sound like a whiny little bitch anymore. Hated his solo stuff, didnt even try Audioslave.

:chug:

Wish I wuz going tonight, have fun Ottawa.

:chug:

Cannot wait to relive 'Beyond the Wheel' again

Highlight of the show! So was Loud Love and Outshined. No Gun -- boo. Could have done without half the setlist though... Soundgarden isn't a band with enough depth for a headlining slot, IMO.

The Lips were good but too short. Should have switched 'em up.

Only saw them once... opening for Neil Young, maybe 1994? at the CNE, along with Blues Traveler and Pearl Jam. My hazy recollection is that Soundgarden blew Pearl Jam off the stage.

Aug. 18 93 actually.

I was also at that show. Not sure I would say Soundgarden blew PJ off the stage (matter of opinion though, I suppose), but they definitely kicked serious ass. Actually every band did that day. I don't have the BT recording, but have the others. The only one unfortunately worth listening to (due to recording quality) is Neil. I spent a lot of time listening to Soundgarden back in the early 90s - mostly while I was sitting in the tattoo chair. Great music for that though. Great band to listen to with a handful of mushrooms as well.

Only saw them once... opening for Neil Young, maybe 1994? at the CNE, along with Blues Traveler and Pearl Jam. My hazy recollection is that Soundgarden blew Pearl Jam off the stage.

I was up front at that show; I thought Soundgarden were pretty good. Neil played with Booker T & the MGs and totally ripped it up.