Jambands.ca

Google+

thatpatguy

PMs sent

and I agree with Bouche.. Google+ is about to explode, though we'll see if it will really give facebook a run for it's money or not.. it's still very much a geek property.

I did read an article where the pundits are speculating they'll be up to 20 million users by the weekend though.

Well hopefully some of that twenty million will be folks I know. bouche is the only person on my page, and ya'll here are the only people I know who are using it or even heard of it. I sent out some invites yesterday only to have to an email sent back asking me to explain what it was for, then just got the "I'm on FB but thanks" reply or that they don't trust google.

Hopefully it gets beefed up a bit, seems like it's got potential but a lot of people really are sketched out by google in terms of security and privacy it seems, which is funny considering some of them still use IE. loljb.gif

what's also funny is they are worried about security and privacy yet they are happy to remain on facebook.

the talk I'm hearing is that over the next few months we'll see further and further integration between all the google properties, that'd be nice.

and feel free to add me to your circles.. thatpatguy at gmail dot com

it's still very much a geek property.

To me, google is pulling a tech reach-around. While facebook appealed to the masses, they tried to reface email and get everyone using facebook as an email solution. But doesn't gmail pretty much own email right now? If the masses actually already have a gmail account, with a high percentage actually using gmail and their other apps, it would be easy math to just start using google+

I'm sure you know my facts are all just gut-based. I did no f'n research.

I like the farcebook but totally despise the way the ruined an already mediocre email system. Their latest tampering with the "message" system just blows.

I remain to be convinced though... google has not fared well with their previous efforts in the social media world.

I too can toss out any invites as needed.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are google pluses privacy features..ie..can you delete your account foreverish(more than FB). Can you delete messages, photos et... I dig FB for loads of reasons but I am fully creaped out by the utter lack of privacy. I was reading through this hacker group Anonymouss shpeal and honestly I kinnnda agreed...lol..but then something I clicked on within that site seemed to be what led my FB account to be hacked...doh!

one thing I like better about G+ is the way you can send stuff to not just these specific "circles" but to specific users as well, like email. The difference is though, I can send a link or whatever to say 5 people. Instead of the discussion that ensues coming in through emails with people forgetting to hit "reply all" or having to follow the conversation through an email trail you have it as comments from your initial post.

Just a better tool for that type of conversation and/or collaboration than both FB and email.