Jambands.ca

Small band festival. Suggestions of artists to catch?

Blane

Hey gang,

So, every year there's a city-wide festival here in Brighton with like 300 bands playing, most of which are pretty small independant groups. Wonder if you guys have any suggestions on who to catch (Alabama Shakes and Barr Brothers are playing and are already must-sees for me). THey might be mostly UK Bands, I'm not sure, but if you notice some good ones on here please let me know! The formatting for the band list makes it virtually impossible to make sense of it.

Can't make the lineup appear here, but this is it I think: http://www.thinglink.com/scene/241157405168107520

Bsnw3SU4uYTHMHzyNrM2.jpeg

Thanks!

Don't be a little bitch, man up and try and catch a little bit of each of them!

Haha. Dude there's like 7 venues going at once, spread out over like a 5km radius. I'd just end up running around in circles seeing nothing but lines of people out of venues!

It's kind of a shit format where the popular shows fill up really early, so if you roll over from something else you sometimes can't get in the door. Calls for much strategy!

Don't be a little bitch' date=' man up and try and catch a little bit of each of them![/quote']

Haha. Dude there's like 7 venues going at once, spread out over like a 5km radius. I'd just end up running around in circles seeing nothing but lines of people out of venues!

It's kind of a shit format where the popular shows fill up really early, so if you roll over from something else you sometimes can't get in the door. Calls for much strategy!

Pleeeeeeeease, if you really cared about the music you'd make it happen. I expect recordings of everything.

Missed you last time you were in Ottawa (can't remember what came up, something work related I think) but give me a shout when you get back, I've got the same cell number and if you don't have it I'll pm it to you.

Booka Shade and Com Truise are both awesome in the the electronic department. GO GO GO see Black Moth Super Rainbow (just listed as black moth here). I love their music (unique sound, very psychedelic) and heard their shows are great.

Also, Nicole Atkins is great too. Folky with a huge voice.

That poster is too hard to read on the iPhone but I saw Gaz Coombes right at the top there, I wouldn't miss that. He was the singer-writer from Supergrass and his new solo disc is very solid.

Agreed, and he's great in concert too.

Alabama Shakes kick ass too.

I have even a better suggestion for you Blane. Move back to Montreal so I have somebody to go to shows with.

Expect to be there all of June and much of July so you're on!

Awesome. I'll send you my contact info.