Jambands.ca

Chris Robinson Brotherhood

edger

Caught them last night in Buffalo. Seriously. Wow. Saw them last year there as well and they sounded good then, but holy they've come a long way. Super tight, super fluid, groovy, psychedelic, really melodic, and GREAT vocal harmonies. The whole band is smokin' but Neal Casal and Adam MacDougall in particular...so good to move to. Their drummer is wicked too.

Anyways other than ctowns and TimmyB (thanks for the company) I am perpetually surprised that more people from around these parts and yonder aren't checking these guys out. ersh did you make it this time? Definitely a summer highlight and I've seen a lot of great stuff this summer.

Anyways, they deserve a major plug. Their latest album is great and TimmyB informed me that another is scheduled to come out in the very near future.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome show last night for sure and one of my favorite albums of the Summer. I love the psychedelic keys of MacDougall and he was dropping some serious sounds throughout the night as Casal ripped his guitar apart. There were two huge jams in the second set that sounded like new tunes they are working out live and they had serious legs. Tulsa Yesterday, Rossalee and the second tune of the first set (can't remember the name)were also highlights for me.

The Town Ballroom continues to be one of my favorite venues around and I to am surprised not to recognize anyone else at the show.

Chris Robinson Brotherhood

21 August 2012

Town Ballroom

Buffalo, NY [uSA]

- Set One -

SOMEDAY PAST THE SUNSET

TOMORROW BLUES

EAGLES ON THE HIGHWAY

STAR OR STONE

BERTHA

TOUGH MAMA

100 DAYS OF RAIN

TULSA YESTERDAY

- Set Two -

40 DAYS

IF YOUR WHEEL DON’T ROLL

BADLANDS HERE WE COME

SUNDAY SOUND

VIBRATION & LIGHT SUITE

GIRL ON THE MOUNTAIN

DRIVING WHEEL

ROSALEE

- encore -

SAIL ON SAILOR

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
[color:black]The CRB Betty Boards and the Crowes Wiser for the Time boxed sets had brutally cheap packaging and [color:black]sound like utter garbage.

Really? That article I just read makes Betty out to have the best ears in the game' date=' are you listening the right way?[/quote']

Maybe they were recorded well, but they were reproduced poorly.