Jambands.ca

Rheostatics reunion Dec 5 & 6 - CANCELLED

AD

the horseshoe turns 65 on dec 5 and rheostatics will be there to rheunite for 2 shows 5/6 w dave clark. tix on sale thrs 10 am #rheostatics

Lineup is Bidini, Vesely, Tielli and Dave Clark. Old songs and new stuff created this fall.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anxiety can worsen with time and as personal goals go unrealized. Add to that a passion for the "delicious cocktails", and well, things can go downhill fast.

I have no idea what's going on with him. Just speculating. Really hoping he is able to perform again one day. He is an immense talent and incredible live.

Wow. Surprised that Michael Phillip Wojewoda would put this out there on his blog.

I just deleted a whole rant about the cancelation of the Rheostatics reunion shows due to Martin’s inability to attend. Although I was not in this show or version of the band I have a long history both as a producer and a drumming member of the Rheos.

Instead I’ll just say that I am saddened that a glimmer of hope was again…extinguished.

Over the span of 10 years I had initiated or participated in three attempts at interventions with Martin. These were all related to his severe problems with addiction. The last effort, orchestrated by Dave Bidini and Selina Martin and members of his family, ended in disaster. Martin has never spoken (at least) to me again. It’s been over three years now.

Now here I am smoking cigarettes again, I’m no stranger to my own addictions. I have to face that as well.

So I’m not trying to throw stones.

It’s just…

I miss his sober company very much.

I’ve missed it for a very long time.

Anyway, when I heard about this gig I was happy to hear that Martin was resurfacing. On a simple human level I knew Dave, Dave and Tim were attempting a very big thing.

Yet in the end it is cancelled.

Now that the reality is firmly back in place I am only sad.

‘sad’