Jambands.ca

Roll Call : DMB Toronto on 5/28

Marcust99

Great DMB show last night in Toronto. It was probably the soggiest most miserable weather at a show I can rememeber attending aside from possibly the Phish Darien Lake show in 2000. Place looked packed and there were a LOT of really

really soaked people on the lawn. Aside from the rain, it was a great night. Band played really well, and being in the pit afforded great sight lines and sound. Sound and lights as expected, were top notch.Those guys are pros. Not a complaint, but what I found odd was the white curtain on the stage entrance as you'll see in the video I took below. Was this Madonna or DMB? Aside from that it was a fine night.

Tripping Billies video:

And a few pics:

https://plus.google.com/photos/118399257678134392925/albums/5883364524933243825

Edited by Guest

That is not typical. Judging by the the storm that blew through here (SW Ont) yesterday at about 4pm- I suspect that was to protect instruments and equipment from the potentially sideways torrential rain.

Good point but there was no rain blowing near the stage at all. I was right near the rail and it was dry. Unless they were just being super cautious.

Moe was great. I'm not a fan really but I dug them. Three of the guys stood right besides me for most of the show. Nobody even acknowledged them at all. Al? was grooving pretty good by the end of the night.

What got me a lot wetter then I needed to get was having to go to four of those self pay parking kiosks to find one that worked. Worst idea ever having those things for a big event. Especially when there's kids hired standing at the gates doing nothing. WTF.

I also enjoyed the show despite the really crappy weather. Was really thankful to be in the pit! moe. was lots of fun, but short, especially given we missed out on the first couple songs. Coffin did sit in and that was a highlight.

During DMB I actually found the sound to be a little too loud to the point where it was muddy from the centre of the pit, and could barely hear his vocals. Moved to the back right of the pit for the latter part of the show and it sounded much better from there.

I was very surprised to realize how unfamiliar I have become with Dave's catalogue. I thought I was well versed in most of his material, but I obviously haven't kept up to date as I didn't know probably more than 80% of what was played. I think what he does remains to be pretty unique, and the band behind him is energetic and on point. The horns were definitely my favourite.

Edit to add: I had no problem with the crowd. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves. I didn't really experience any douchebaggery

Edited by Guest