Jambands.ca

Phish Fall Tour Dates

Marcust99

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello there haters!

i loved the halloween show! Thank you Phish for being awesome!

what do you all go to phish shows for anyway if you don't want to hear them try new stuff?!

i thought the set was cool and there is a lot of potential in several of those songs. i can't wait for them to grow and to rage to them in the future :)

I think the main issue here is that Phish ventured away from tradition and it burned an awful lot of folk. By the looks of things, this new album has completely reinvigorated the band and that is wonderful. Many have been waiting for a return to that energy we all grew up with and its making a resurgence.

Fans also want to be a part of that Phishtory/lore with regards to the Halloween treat. Expectations are set at an alltime high when it comes to that second set. I applaud Phish for what they did because it was ballsy as fuck but at the same time it may not have been the most appropriate set to introduce it based on tradition. The internet was on fire with predictions leading up to that set. Hopefully when everyone looks back in the years to come that set will come to be embraced.

Keep in mind I havent heard it at all so I am not commenting on the music whatsoever but you are absolutely correct that had they covered an album there would have been loud voices of hatred regarding the choice. Almost everyone I knew who went to Vegas in 1998 hated the Loaded choice because they didnt know it.

i hear you...i too was hoping they'd rage some Hendrix, Dead, Allmans or Band! but maybe i just had prepared myself for them not to, i was suspicious when they announced the shows and didn't mention the costume like they always do (but people made fun of me and told me i was crazy when i suggested they wouldn't do a costume) anyway, some of my friends were real bummers all weekend long about the whole thing and i just don't get that. ::shrug::

In the case of uncertainty, expectation is what is considered the most likely to happen. An expectation, which is a belief that is centered on the future, may or may not be realistic. A less advantageous result gives rise to the emotion of disappointment. If something happens that is not at all expected it is a surprise. An expectation about the behavior or performance of another person, expressed to that person, may have the nature of a strong request, or an order.
Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...