Jambands.ca

Neil and Crazy Horse cancel Harvest Fest

NewRider

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvest Fest has yet to announce refunds which has some people really riled up. It will be interesting to see what they choose to do.

Their lineup and ticket price were built around Neil as a marquee headliner and now they are sort of screwed. I really hope they break even this year because it really is a great festival and site.

Edited by Guest

I'm thinking they are trying to find a replacement. Imagine the % of ticket holders that would ask for a complete refund for this event vs. an event like Ottawa Folk. 30%? 40%? More?

I also think short of Leonard Cohen or Gordon Lightfoot (I'm trying to stick to Canadian acts that are available, expensive to see and from roughly the same era) there really is no replacement that would appeal to the same demographic, at the same price point that would satisfy the current ticket holders.

Edited by Guest

You have to think that there is going to be a refund option, given how expensive the ticket was. And for sure you have to think that they're aiming to announce some new acts to try to retain ticket holders.

Lenny or Lightfoot are good calls. Who else would folks like to see added to the bill?

Is the Blade in?? No sign of the Blade as far as I can tell. I think he's busy touring with Wayne Shorter.

I'd be surprised (and super psyched of course) if Neil agreed to play solo or even a formal set with Pegi. Neil always does things the way he wants to. Maybe an unannounced sit-in though.

Too bad they didn't cancel this show when they cancelled Europe. There might have been enough time to find a headline replacement. This surely put JP and Dan in a tough spot.

After I get my partial refund Saturday I will have two tickets for sale for $ 60.00 each.

Am I sounding bitter? Is it because I am in Seattle and have made plans for a six-week vacation to end at the Harvest Picnic? Can I stay out west a few extra days? Can I get back to Ottawa a few days early?

I suppose I can if I want to eat over $200 in tickets.

Yes, I contacted TicketMaster. They said the promoter has not authorized full refunds and that all sales are final.

I have escalated my concern with them and they promised I would be contacted within 3 days.

I also just gave an interview to The Hamilton Spectator for an article that should appear tomorrow.

Velvet, any chance of contacting your ticket seller? I would think that Fan Club purchases from Neil Young's site might get consideration for a full refund since any purchases there would have been exclusively for Neil Young fans to see Neil Young.

Edited by Guest

I think Neil should have done a solo show as well given the nature of the festival, which I would also guess would appeal more to the demographic anyways. Shame all around

For better or for worse, I think Neil exists in whatever space he is currently inhabiting; lately, that is not a solo-acoustic performance space. It's a shame all around, but not shameful, imo.

Just noticed this today--didn't buy tix ahead of time and had some TM gift certificates I was going to use up--bummer for sure. Was looking forward to it especially the sound system which was supposed to be top notch.

Neil does what Neil wants to do no doubt about that, when the other dates were cancelled I wondered if this might happen.

It'll still be a good time but the ticket price definitely reflected Neil being on the bill...

Am I sounding bitter? Is it because I am in Seattle and have made plans for a six-week vacation to end at the Harvest Picnic? Can I stay out west a few extra days? Can I get back to Ottawa a few days early?

I suppose I can if I want to eat over $200 in tickets.

Maybe it's time to check out some Dick's.