Jambands.ca

Neil and Crazy Horse cancel Harvest Fest

NewRider

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A self-proclaimed ‘ghostbuster’ has been arrested after he charged a young woman for him to perform a ‘penis exorcism’ in China, reported Mtero.co.uk.

Huang Jianjun was held by police after he asked the woman for 20,000 yuan (£2,000) to ‘rid her vagina of ghosts’, Chinese tabloid the Southern Metropolis Daily reported.

The woman contacted Huang for help after she developed a crush on her boss at work and later met him at a hotel room.

Huang asked her to strip naked on the bed for an examination and claimed she must have sex with him to make her problems go away.

Huang explained the ghosts in her vagina were stopping her from developing a relationship with her boss and said they could only be caught with his penis.

The ‘ghostbuster’ was arrested after the alleged victim called the police and he is currently awaiting trial.

He told authorities he had lost the ability to have an erection due to diabetes, and also claimed he had sacrificed his virginity for the exorcism.

It's a shame all around, but not shameful, imo.

Yes that's what I had meant. Shit happens. I feel fortunate that I had not purchased a ticket, mostly because summer was already filled up and money spent. I'd hate to see this festival fold because of a hit like this and I definitely feel for those who threw that kind of money down on the Neil card. As much as I thought it would be of great consolation if Neil decided to play on in some shape or form I can see the problems it would pose if he didn't do that everywhere. Just hate to see a local festival that seems to have all the right ideas and intentions (minus perhaps how they have been handling the refund situation) jeopardized.

The festival was billed as "The Greenbelt Harvest Picnic featuring Neil Young & Friends" ... still has that title on their main webpage ... so I really dont know how they can not give full refunds to people if they wish.

TicketBastard is just doing what they do, defer to the promoter, but surely the festival, Lanois himself, and even Neil's FanClub will take huge credibility hits if they don't do right by people.

Please keep us posted.

Unlike Neil Young, at least the cat is coming back.

Fred Penner, the children's musician/TV personality, is set to fill in Young's two-hour set at the much-anticipated Greenbelt Harvest Picnic, according to a conversation we held with organizer Daniel Lanois earlier this afternoon.

"Penner may not be the most obvious choice," Lanois offered, leaning over the lacquered wood table of his favourite Hamilton haunt. "But he's hitting a new demographic for the picnic - nostalgic thirty-somethings."

- See more at: http://www.hammerinthenews.com/posts/fred-penner-replaces-neil-young-at-greenbelt-harvest-picnic#sthash.cX0KXL7Z.dpuf

I sure did. It was fun getting to hear all his funny songs I remembered as a kid... I think I would have missed his set over Neil & Crazy Horse though!

I definitely wouldn't pay to see him even if it was across the street from me.

Edited by Guest

Here's what one festival's doing:

http://www.jambase.com/articles/119203/lockn'-additions-trey-anastasio-band-jorma-and-sipe

Following the news that Neil Young and Crazy Horse have cancelled their upcoming tour including a headlining appearance at Lockn', festival organizers have added the Trey Anastasio Band, Jorma Kaukonen and Jeff Sipe to the lineup of the event formerly known as Interlocken.

Aloha,

Brad

I really feel for everyone. I don't like whats going on at all. We got bit too....They not only hiked ticket fees this year, but also vendor fees for booths. Now that there is no Neil, it would be a miracle if the crowd isn't significantly smaller and therefore our business won't be as profitable.

Guess what? No % back, no guarantee of a reduced rate next year, no refund, nada for us.

Edited by Guest

Boo to Ollie for spoiling the funniest thread in a long time.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It was obvious if you bothered to take two seconds to read any of their other headlines. My favourite: "Tiger-Cats sign Lindsay Lohan to shore up woeful defence".

Not to mention the ridiculous made-up quotes from Lanois.

Edited by Guest