Jambands.ca

are the dead........dead

jon.

Hey Kids,

For those of you that saw a dead show WITH Jerry....I pose this question.

now that the dead include joan osbourne, occasionally sammy hagar, etc..would you travel to see them? has bobby's cheese factor finally taken over? should they be called the dead? are we grateful?

I heard the hell in a bucket opener from valentines day.....more of a hole in a bucket I would say...more than a bit limp.

what's next? cindy lauper singing unbroken chain????? yanni sitting in on eyes????? yikes!!

this is good to know. I have seen phil and friends but not "the dead"....I must admit I am a jerry head and only got to see a handful of dead shows and JGB, however, maybe I'll have to give it a whirl....we'll see if they come any closer.

J.

HI Person.

The Dead are doing what they

want, I saw them with Jerry,

I've seen the remaining members

without him. Both are theyre own

thing. Thats it thats all, simple.

I will go to shows if it matters, which it doesent.

Also, Sammy Hagar, which I dont agree

with, played with the Grateful Dead in

the early 90's, who cares???.

hey Jon....i saw plenty Dead shows with Jerry back in the day. Been to see P&F, Other Ones, Mickey Hart Band...and for me Dark Star Orchestra are now the REAL DEAL. John is the closest sound to Jerry i have experienced (although i do like Jimmy) and Lisa Mackey is the BOMB in Donna Jeans role. They recreate shows from 1971 to 1995...incredibly well!

Did you ever hear the Dead do Viola Lee, Money Money, Attics, Lazy Lightning or how about Sunrise or Heart of Me or Strange Man or You Ain't Woman Enough????????????

If you've never been to a DSO show, but love the Dead...my advice would be Dark Star

Orchestra anyday Jon....hope to see you at a show one day.

Oh yeah...if this helps in your decision, a DSO ticket is less than half the cost of a Dead ticket.

Also...DSO recreate an entire Dead show, including the original encore(s) and then (time permitting) play filler after that! Sometimes the filler turns into a third set lasting 30, 40, 50 minutes long:)

POG...buddy

you're the man

you've turned me on to more great music than anyone, anywhere!

Like every Canadian jamband i know and love today [big Grin]

coming home after next tour (ends June 15)

are you going to Bonnaroo?

GratefulFest4 is the same weekend w/ David Gans, the Zen Tricksters, etc.

you my friend are ALWAYS guestlisted and backstage passed for a DSO show (well as long as i'm still around)

sometimes festivals are a different story, but not always.

what will it take to get you to a gig???

check out www.nlqp.com to see what the Ledges is all about...and the GratefulFest lineup.

my van is in Ohio so we could drive back together, and if i can't get you on the list the ticket is on me brother (and the treats of course)!!

think about it you crazy baldhead [big Grin] (just got the word from earthfreak you are dreadless?!)

casey "bones" jones

the only people I've been hearing saying they aren't the Dead anymore are the ones who didn't go catch any shows last year...

Jerry was the man... he was and is my biggest hero... I remain a HUGE Jerry fan... but Detroit 02 was a better show than I had been to since 90... the drunken gate crashing hordes have gone someplace esle...the jams are full and feeling... the lineup neither replaces nor ignores Jerry... his contribution to who they are is still everywhere, but no one is trying to be Jerry...

all I know is I felt the old magic in Auburn Hills... it was sooo goooood

I'm grateful

Scott,

Best i can do this summer so far is May 24 CTMF, then Deer Creek for Phish in July... thats my first bit of vacation time... trust me im dyin to get to a DSO show... and ya the dreads just didnt work out as much as i wanted them too...

First time with short hair in a few years so its cool... as Booche says i should change my nick to WookieNoMore...

Get that caravan happenin up here bro and im all over it... just really hard for me to get on the road at this time with work... stay kind my phriend!

thanks for your insight paisley...

hey POG, lets go on DEAD tour after GratefulFest

Raven is due to get back on the road & into the Dead lot...geez i'm getting stoked just thinkin' about it...

the grateful dead in 1990 was a peak time in my life...i love the Grateful Dead [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

I think its more like a tribute, with all these people wanting to play with the Dead, quite an honor for some of em.

Should they be called the Dead? Yes,why not?

They could call them selfs whatever they want as far as I am concered.

Always be GD to me!!

BTW : First show for me was 06.21.84(Canada's Wonderland...how appropiate)

" making music together that guitars never caught

let me show how I love you

believe it or not -R.Hunter [big Grin]

Archived