Jambands.ca

Scenic Chernobyl

Stapes

It is such a shame to see all of that land destroyed by greedy communist (&^@%#*^#%$*(@^#%&^%$) . thats what happens when your country is overruled by another power - its just simular situation as in Iraq - BUT THEY AT LEAST FIGHT BACK - - WE HAD NO CHOICE - its either do it or your ass goes to SIBERIA - - LOVE RUSSIAN PEOPLE BUT GET RID OF THE BULLSHOI!!!!;)

I don't count those couple of times when "experts" tried to invent an excuse to give me a shower, because those had a lot more to do with physical biology than biological physics.

lol

awesome site indeed man

I took a course 6 or 7 years ago with a girl who had moved here from Chernobyl... she was awesome... dry wit and a sparkle in her eyes, hair to her knees, very composed and super smart... cool people

The hole thing is pretty eery. She reminds me of some sort of superhero. When I saw this on the ween board someone mentioned they also knew someone who'd come from Chernobyl and on their last job under reason for leaving they'd filled in 'meltdown'. I found that particularly amusing.

Wow, that was some pretty powerful stuff. It seemed pretty unreal to see a place so desserted with so many signs of life still around. In a completely different direction- that girl kind of reminds me of Cher...you know, back in the day when she was w/ Sonny. [color:"purple"]

Thanks for the link Stapes.

Although,personally I find that site extremely sad.

I had family,I guess, from Slavutichs,Ukraine that died from the radiation,I think some worked in the rescue efforts and in Chernobyl at the time of the meltdown,although myself or my parents never knew them, I remember my granmother being a complete basket case back in 86,some of the senior folks in our family still talk about what the terror and fear was like for them & the people who were on the edge of the disaster area and how scared everyone was,not only of the disaster but also they were scared of the residents of Chernobyl as they evac'd to surrounding towns & villages.

April 26th has always been a quiet day around our home.

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

To Vasily Deomidovich Dubodel, who passed away in August 1988, and to all past and future victims of Chernobyl.

They did not register us

and our deaths

were not linked to the accident.

No processions laid wreaths,

no brass bands melted with grief.

They wrote us off as

lingering stress,

cunning genetic disorders . . .

But we--we are the payment for rapid progress,

mere victim (of someone else's sated afternoons.

It wouldn't have been so annoying for us to die

had we known

our death would help

to avoid more "fatal mistakes"

and halt replication of "reckless deeds"!

But thousands of "competent" functionaries

count our "souls" in percentages,

their own honesty, souls, long gone--

so we suffocate with despair.

They wrote us off.

They keep trying to write off

our ailing truths

with their sanctimonious lies.

But nothing will silence us!

Even after death,

from our graves

we will appeal to your Conscience