Thu 07/22/04 Omaha, NE Qwest Center Omaha

Sat 07/24/04 Denver, CO Pepsi Center

Tue 07/27/04 Seattle, WA KeyArena at Seattle Center

Wed 07/28/04 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

Fri 07/30/04 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

Sat 07/31/04 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

Mon 08/02/04 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl

story_pic.jpg

I'm so looking forward to that show! As for what Eric Clapton has been playing so far in Europe, it has been a decent mix of old and new. EC has dusted off old classics like "Let It Rain" from his debut record in 1970. He is also playing a very rare Bob Dylan track that Bob gave to Clapton and has yet to come out on an official Dylan album. The song is called "Walk Out In The Rain" and is on Clapton's 1978 "Backless" LP. Mix in "I Shot The Sheriff", "Layla", "Badge", "Sunshine Of Your Love" and some Robert Johnson tunes and you have a pretty decent setlist.

Unfortunately Clapton is one of those artists that doesn't mix it up from one night to the next. At the most he plays one or two different songs from night to night. I really don't care and after I see Slowhand at the ACC I'll probably have to travel down the QEW and see him again at the HSBC in Buffalo.

so for the people who know me, and my interests, should i pay the hundred plus dollars for a single ticket to see clapton?

i haven't seen him before, but i dislike everythign he's done in the last two decades. Although i enjoy his new tribute to Robert Johnson album.

hmmm....

(probably find something else to spend the 100+ dollars on)

I've seen Eric Clapton five times and would never even dream of missing him if he came to whatever area I was living in. The control that he has and the sound he gets out of guitar is more powerful than any other player I have ever seen in my entire life. So secondtube if you think you should pass EC, in my opinion don't.

Tube, there arent alot of acts I would pay a hundred bucks for, and Eric wouldnt get it from me, unless it was a reunion of Derek and the Dominoes. Keep in mind, I am not the biggest Clapton fan. It all comes down to how much you like his style. If it is going to be a Robert Johnson cover band, why go?

::

I would pay a hundred bucks for Prince though. Seriously.

(How's THAT for a Prince plug Bouche?)

Robert Randolph & The Family Band have been opening and are scheduled to open for Eric Clapton during the Europeon leg of the tour. Randolph has even been coming out during the Clapton encore and performing "Sunshine Of Your Love" and "Got My Mojo Workin'". As of now there is no opening band set for EC's North American dates.

Robert Randolph & The Family Band have been opening and are scheduled to open for Eric Clapton during the Europeon leg of the tour. Randolph has even been coming out during the Clapton encore and performing "Sunshine Of Your Love" and "Got My Mojo Workin'". As of now there is no opening band set for EC's North American dates.

It's listed on Randolph's site: www.robertrandolph.net

Thanks for that info NewRider. I was hoping that Robert Randolph would be opening for Eric Clapton at the ACC and beyond. I've seen some great musicians open for Clapton over the years, Jimmie Vaughan, Bonnie Raitt, Distant Cousin and Doyle Bramhall II (who used to be in the Arc Angels and has played lead guitar for Roger Waters for the In The Flesh tour. Bramhall is now a solo artist that has had his material used on the last two Clapton albums "Riding With The King" and "Reptile" and Bramhall is now in Clapton's backing band). Now Robert Randolph is definitely keeping the bar for Clapton openers high!

Eric Clapton tickets for the ACC show on Wednesday, July 7th go on sale this Friday, April 16, 2004 at 10am. Their is also a pre-sale via American Express Front of the Line that starts Tuesday at 10am and ends Thursday at 5pm. Their is a same day random draw policy in effect for the general public on sale. The ticket prices range from $55.00 to $115.00 plus service charges. Robert Randolph & The Family Band will be opening.

Note: I'm an AMEX holder and I've never been a fan of their Front of the Line pre sales. If you aren't avaliable to get tickets on the regular on sale date then the pre sale is useful. It does guarentee that you get tickets though it doesn't mean they will be good seats. The Front of the Line reserves a row or two in each section, so if you're not the first through you'll be further back.