July 11, The Funk Brothers with Joan Osborne and Sam Moore;

July 13, Bryan Adams;

July 14, Nelly Furtado;

July 15, Lyle Lovett;

July 16, Blue Rodeo;

July 17, Robert Cray;

July 18, Chris Isaak.

:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Way to drop the ball, couldn't imagine a weaker line up BLAH. Don't insult my intelligence by saying the theme is "A Tribute to Canadian Music" when in reality you bastards just don't want to shell out for quality acts. Color me dissapointed, thank god we still got Jazzfest!!

:: OUCH!!!

Here is what the Toronto Star Fest is offering up so far...

Friday July 16th - Jimmie Vaughan, Lyle Lovett

Saturday July 17th - The Holmes Bros., Chris Hillman & Herb Pedersen, Al Kooper & The Funky Faculty, Bernie Leadon, Chris Issack and Olu Dara

Sunday July 18th - Gillian Welch, Thomas Mapfumo & The Blacks Unlimited, Keb' Mo', Dave Alvin & The Guilty Men

egad...so no Allman's like last year?

You know, it's been brought up before that there are lots of blues acts on the side stages to take in aside from the main stage.

I'll venture a guess that last year's Allman's pretty much justified many people in the jam scene purchasing wristbands. They should at least have hooked up some of the funky bands in the jam scene this year.

They've also cut the number of stages from 10 down to 6. Favs such as the Accoustic and Sacred stages are gone as well as the Americana. Blacksheep stage will focus more on world music this year (India, Africa)

....I just cannot understand why they feel the need to sabotage they're own festival...sure these Canadian acts will draw, but I don't even think the mainstream is going to climb over themselves to get tickets like they did last year, why bother...who hasn't see the Hip or Blue Rodeo 20 times already. ::

Guest Low Roller

It's all about the city slashing their budget for this year. Look what happened last year when they had budget: they got the Allman f'n Brothers f'n Band! This year they had to go with proven Canadian draws such as the Hip based on the budget they were given.

I'm sure that it mainly boils down to how much money they had to book acts.

However, that probably doesn't explain why they'd accept the price tag of Bryan Adams. He's gotta be expensive. Afterall, he had that hit "everything I do, I do for you"

WANKER!

could be worse. I will definitley be going to check out Lyle Lovett, Funk bros., Chris Isaak, Tajmahal and hell, I'll probably see theHIp and bluerodeo too. Bluesfest is too fun not to go, and they might have more to come. Where else can you walk around w/a beer in your hand (and ten in your belly) and check out 9 different stages with a varied lineup.

but they sure left the jam stuff out,last year was allmans, newdeal, antibalas, robert randolph, mmw (for more), blindboys.. oh well. I'll hopefully still go. ::

Hey I know they're not the "Blues" festivals that they tout themselves to be. But I will be very much looking forward to the Cisco Systems BluesFest this year. Especially Saturday July 17th. I've been a huge fan of the Byrds and the Eagles my whole life. Now I'll be able to see for the first time Chris Hillman and Bernie Leadon. Other first timers I will be excited to see are Chris Isaak, Al Kooper and Lyle Lovett.

I've seen Jimmie Vaughan, Keb Mo, Gillian Welch and they are all amazing. Also The Holmes Brothers and Dave Alvin aren't too bad either.

I dunno about some of the other acts, but I know The Hip cost them at the very least $300,000, Bryan Adams would be probably the same, if not more.

I wouldn't say lack of budget is the reasoning behind it, just plain stupidity! I'd be all over the Funk Brothers though ...

They've also cut the number of stages from 10 down to 6. Favs such as the Accoustic and Sacred stages are gone as well as the Americana.

Yeah, last year the Roots stage was called Roots/Americana stage, so technically, we'll still get the Americana stage. It's the Southern stage I'll miss. That was fun. And maybe some acoustic will happen on the Roots stage now?

I'll spend most of my time at the Birdman stage probably. Reckless Kelly is playing there. Now I don't know that band much, but I have one of their CDs. It's very country. I'll check them out. I see they're playing the Roots stage too.

This is indeed not as good as last year. But I'll probably get a pass for the first weekend. I love music festivals in my city, steps away from my place. So I'll support it.

That's a terrible mainstage blues line-up. Most of the people who buy tickets to those concerts wouldn't know Muddy Waters even if they tripped over his headstone.

I must say that Robert Cray would be cool to see, however there is no enticement for me to stay for any other shows.

I like Lyle Lovett but I wouldn't go out of my way to see him.

Thorogood? I like his attitude, but I grew tired of him 15 years ago.

Bryan Adams? I can just see Bryan and his band now, coming out on stage in matching white jump-suits tearing into a killer version of Killing Floor.

And Nelly Furtado, the Gwen Stefani wannabe? My lord, she may go down as the worst act ever to be booked at a blues festival.

You bunch of whiney little bitches. I scan the line-up and see the Funk Bros, Jimmie Vaughan, Lyle Lovett, Blue Rodeo, Robert Cray, Chris Issac, Taj Mahal, a Gram Parsons Tribute, Chris Hillman (former Byrds, Flying Burrito Bros), Buck 65, Xavier Rudd, The Weakerthans, King Sunshine, etc. ALL PLAYING WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF YOUR HOMES!!!

Bitches. The only thing have to look forward to within distance is Don Ross this weekend... oops, shouldn't complain :P