Jambands.ca

BOO

Ms.Huxtable

Guest Low Roller

Kung opened up a can of verbal whoop-ass.

Freeker just woke up and posted something all groggy and bitter. Possibly while high.

I just edited my post so hopefully that helps. You're not missing much the Slip is only playing Montreal, we're all shit out of luck, everybody thinks that this was very organized an obviously it wasn't and no one wants to step on anyone's toes.

everybody thinks that this was very organized an obviously it wasn't and no one wants to step on anyone's toes.

errr,I imagine that this issue didnt arise merely a week previous of the festival,but it couldnt be resolved in time,no need to announce this type of issue when there was time to attmpt a resolve but in all fairness to those who were attending probally wiser to annouce it a week previous to it then a couple days.Although this is just my thoughts,I'm not saying anything until Pat does.

Although I usually talk with Pat regualry,lately with all this going on I haven't,along with my own obligations.

I am getting a good laugh though at all the assumptions of what the issue is.....

After having this fest for a couple years now and knowing exactly what Pats dealing with to have this festival every year (being he told me) I can honestly say it is well organized and thought out.This I am aware of...

Funny how folks in this scene feel they are owed somthing....

Cheers to Pat and his hard work,its unfortunate that this has occured thats for sure.

We have to conjecture and gather what information we can because no one has bothered to tell us the truth. No one also seems to be talking about the fact that the website made it pretty clear this was a psychedelic drug fest in the woods and even made mention of a 'ha ha ha loophole'. Whether you're a charity, a resident, a gov't representative or what have you if you went to that website you might have understandably been concerned about what you saw there or what was implied.

"Funny how folks in this scene feel they are owed somthing.... "

Greg, talk to someone who had to book a week off of work, rented a car, spend close to 400 dollars just in preparation, and see if they arent a little ticked.

not everyone is rosey about every situation. me, i'm not that pissed....i understand....not everyone does.

"Funny how folks in this scene feel they are owed somthing.... "

Greg, talk to someone who had to book a week off of work, rented a car, spend close to 400 dollars just in preparation, and see if they arent a little ticked.

not everyone is rosey about every situation. me, i'm not that pissed....i understand....not everyone does.

sigh...I knew I shoulda kept my mouth shut....

This wasn't directed at you or anyone in particulair,just my opinion after all the complaining & assumptions I've read on message borads (not only this one) about what caused it,how not organized it was.Hey,it's shit it occured,400 bones and time off work,I see your point to a degree and I imagine Pat's made out just fine also then. ::

Funny how folks in this scene feel they are owed somthing....

You know, I can understand why people are upset. People fought colleagues for vacation days, bought plane tickets, roof racks, cargo carriers, camping gear, booked hotel rooms, backed out of other obligations, got all excited, paid for tickets, etc, etc. We were promised something and now not only don't we get a festival, we don't even get a reason. Heck, we didn't even get enough notice so that we could have made CTMF.

I think we are owed something and I don't feel bad saying it. I'm ticked off.

Now just because I'm upset doesn't mean I don't appreciate how much work goes into planning a festival. If everything that could be done, was done then that's a lot of work. It's just hard to be thankful for it when I didn't get to dance around outside in May 2004. Worst May ever.

Funny how everyones giving their opinions about this and airing their disproval/disappointment about this...

...thats all I did too and sorta spoke up about the organizing of it all.

I'm sure people would have gotten fair notice if it could have been given,I highly doubt Pat wouldn't do that,my above comments were my opinion and thoughts but it is in no way fact that any problems were occuring sooner,I mentioned that purely as a possibilty and an option to think about beforing folks slam him and all the hard months of work and much $$ spent.

Pat has stated he'll fill everyone in on what the reason is when he can.

My comments about people feeling they are owed somthing in this scene does not only pertain to a single festival but in general,I've said it many many times before.Not a new comment at all...

Anyway,I'll let everyone get angry now....have fun since we all know gettin angry after the fact will change things.

The truth of the matter is that if Farley (and the other kind folks invovled) weren't a part of our community, our family...we'd all, en masse, be demanding the head of the promoter. If we were shut down a week/two days by any other festivals and then not even given a reason. This place would explode, we'd all turn feral and bloodthirty demanding retribution.

We appreciate what you tried to do for us Farley, and god knows we were all looking forward to it. But on behalf of your potential patrons I ask that you throw us a bone, give us the whole story so we can justify why we're all sitting at home this weekend...Sorry the news is still fresh and I am bitter.

Freek, i totally agree with you about the friendship part.

but i think that justifies letting farley speak his side....

let me tell you though, if this was anther promoter, someone we didn't know and consider a friend, we'd definately have a his head on a stick!

I still remember the generous offer Farley gave me last summer...Although i've never met him, and looked forward to meeting him, i consider him a friend.

Agreed with both of the above posts, and contrary to Ms. Hux I don't think we're owed anything. Shit does happen and at this point I am more disappointed about this than I am angry.

Whether this has the inmplications that people have mentioned is uncertain and hopefully not the case. If the Slip is still playing Montreal than that's a good sign of faith and hopefully a little encouragement that what's happened with the Shaker doesn't discourage them and the other bands from playing in Canada.

I hope that, in due time, Farley will share with all of us intersted and equally bummed out people what caused the shutdown of a potentially amazing festival.

I really think that the COME TOGETHER MUSIC FESTIVAL was the worst hit by this situation... of course the rain was a little let down, but since the Shaker's Line up was so stellar, CTMF was really overshadowed... and really what a nice atmosphere, camping experience (rain aside), and some great bands... it's really too bad the word didn't get out in time to influence people to go to Waterdown instead...I really think people missed out on a great time...

"Heck, we didn't even get enough notice so that we could have made CTMF"

i have to agree with you there. if we weren't so ultra graciously given some passes to CTMF, and missed it due to the shaker the following weekend, i'd be pretty damn sour; and thats putting it as nice as i could.

My two cents, for what they're worth...

It definitely sucks that the Shaker was cancelled. Pat tried to downsize it to please the local thorns, but to no avail.

As far as I'm concerned, there is never a guarantee with regards to shows. I've had tickets for The Grateful Dead (with Jerry) and some other shows that were cancelled.

I've known Pat for years and he is one of the most gracious, entertaining and hostpitable people I've had the pleasure of calling a friend. No question that Farley will be shouldering some personal financial loss but that is just one of the risks of being a promoter.

I do believe that there will be some amazing events put on by Farley and the East Coast Connection that we will all have the pleasure to attend.

"I Will Shake Again!"

Can'o'phish