Jambands.ca

Micheal Moore - "Canada 51st State?"

paisley

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper also wants to sell-off the CBC. This is bad news to any community that relies solely on the CBC for news and entertainment - see NWT, Yukon, Northern Ontario etc...

I'm telling you, if Harper is elected, he will be seen as Bush Jr. and make a future terrorist act even more probable.

I don't know a whole lot about politics but when we're in danger of having the Conservative party do well in this upcoming election, why would people vote Green Party or NDP when clearly the only other party that stands a chance is Liberal? Wouldn't voting for the Green Party/Marijuana Party/NDP actually just give the Conservatives a better chance at winning?

Not so sure about selling off the CBC - My interpretation was that he'll kill the parts that he thinks are "redundant" such as in cases where private media outlets are already providing something adequate. Maybe that means no weather reports on your local CBC station? Yes, that sounds quite retarded.

As for the strategic vote it's up to the individual. I'm not terribly worried as I'm quite confident that come crunch time people will vote in a liberal minority and we can go o being pissed off at them rather than scared of a conservative government. But if I'm wrong that a Conservative minority will get pounced on for any social actionms they take. And they'll have quite the opposition from the liberals who will spend most of their time discrediting the Conservatives. All of this will lead to Harper stepping down in the public interest. The end.

I agree that if Harper and the conservatives gain power we are in a lot of trouble.. but I've been thinking..

first off.. though I would never want to see a conservative government, especially one under the new party, if we had to have one if we had a mintory it wouldn't be nearly as bad bedcause they would have a hard time passing anything..

but mostly I've been thinking about what's happening in the US.. I doubt Junior will win his second term so what would happen if Canada had a Conservative government with the Democrats in the white house..

and if Junior doesn't win he will become only the second president in the history of the US to win a war and lost his second term.. second only to his Dad (who happened to win his war against the same advisary).. I find that funny :)

As an aside, Arthur C. Clark is upset that Moore never asked him permission to use the title Farenheit 9/11. Moore has tried to appologize but Clark won't accept it. I agree with Clark. Moore should have asked him permission.

Uh, no. The book "Fahrenheit 451" was written by Ray Bradbury, not Arthur C. Clarke.

Aloha,

Brad

i'd just like to say, the PC's aren't getting a majority, so even if they win by a bit, the lib's and NDP will vote down anything they propose...

so quit this statigic voting crap, and vote for who you want to see in party...

A vote for NDP and a vote for Lib is the SAME VOTE because they will both go against what the PC's will propose...

So if you wanna vote NDP, vote NDP. If you want to vote Lib, obviously vote Lib. Just dont vote PC.

Its going to be so close that if the libs loose, it will be not by much. Anything the PC's try to do, it will be easily denied by the Lib and NDP seats...

PC's are Not getting a majority government.

Hey secondtube, Unfortunately a coalition between the Conservative Party and the Bloc Quebecois will be able to create a majority government, while a coalition of the Liberal and NDP parties will not.

The Liberals and Conservatives could both have between 110 and 120 plus seats. While the NDP will have 10 to 30 seats. The kicker is the Bloc will have over 50 seats. Even though the NDP nationally has over twice the support as the Bloc, the Blocs votes are all in one province.

Unless the Liberal party ends up with over 130 to 140 seats they might not be able to create a coalition with the NDP and Green Party for that matter.

As an aside, Arthur C. Clark is upset that Moore never asked him permission to use the title Farenheit 9/11. Moore has tried to appologize but Clark won't accept it. I agree with Clark. Moore should have asked him permission.

Uh, no. The book "Fahrenheit 451" was written by Ray Bradbury, not Arthur C. Clarke.

Aloha,

Brad

Besides, it's hard to imagine Arthur C. Clarke getting upset at much of anything these days, what with him being dead and all.

RnB

smart ass

"i'd just like to say, the PC's aren't getting a majority, so even if they win by a bit, the lib's and NDP will vote down anything they propose..."

Steve, brother - you have it very very very wrong. The Bloc is all the Conservatives need to sustain a Conservative minority Gov't.

Day after the election either Martin or Harper will be PM, you may not like the choice, but you're in dreamland if you think the NDP has a chance of getting any more than 15-20 seats out of 308.

This thing is bigger than me beating the Liberal drum here guys.

earthfreak, you'd prefer the honest Mulroney/Harris/Harper Conservatives over us? (thanks by the way) because depending on your riding, that is EXACTLY where your NDP vote is going to go to. This is reality, vote smart.

It's great that it takes an American to get Canadians voting! ::

I have voted PC in past elections- provincial and federal. But, I won't vote for a less than PROGRESSIVE Conservative party, which it now is- a party that thinks gay people cant be married, that thinks we should be in Iraq, and is going to cut most/all art funding. I've gotten an inside peek at party workings, and its really a lot of people jumping on a bandwagon in hopes of getting good jobs.

Knowing a little about strategic voting and deciding not to care, I think I'll vote for the Green party. I think in a perfect world, the results should reflect the concerns of the electorate, and I think the environment, forward thinking, health care and healthy living are the things I feel strongest about lately, so i gotta go with that.... I guess the liberals are now ahead again with a 6 point lead, and i suspect that will continue to grow leading to the election.. but people shouldnt feel they have to vote strategically or be to blame.. we want to keep having our options open.. eh! vote how you feel!

ps- i hate to say it, but Martin is the only one that 'looks' like a Prime Minister to me. that alone is reason enough for me to not vote for him.