Jambands.ca

for the guitar geeks...

Pablo Sanchez

we've just started to carry Z Vex effects at our store (Lauzon Music) Z Vex makes pedals with names like "Super Duper" "The Super Hard On" "Seek Wah" and "fuzz factory" I think there is a total of about 13 different effects and one 1/2 watt tube amp called the nano head (which is really really cool). There's usually not many places in Canada to find this stuff, so I thought I'd let y'all know.

I have never used one personaly, but I knwo because I did some reading on them along time ago so I waould assume that that is how it would work..

I know they used to have a wah that worked that way... the closer your foot the more"open" the wah would be...

ARe these like the Rich-man's "Danelectro" pedals? They seem to have the same funky box designs.

That looper has a cool feature...

"4] Remembers your loop even when unplugged or with the battery removed, for up to 100 years."

and this:

"At the top right: the safety switch. This tiny switch lets you save a favorite loop so you won’t accidentally erase it, no matter what condition you might be in while stumbling over your pedal. Woo-hoo! Yee-haw!"

I'd like to compare that pedal with the DL-4.

Musicface - shipping to Toronto is about $10 next day delivery.

Bouche - there would be no comparison with the DL-4. the loop junky is meant to sound like crap (but vibey you know?)and the dl-4 is crispy clean. I saw this about the loop junky

How does it sound? Some people compare it to a warped, damaged 45-rpm record. Some say that the compression is immaculate, while some say it destroys any concept of the original dynamic. Some say that the noise is intolerable… some say it’s as precious as snow in the middle of nowhere. Some people have no taste. Lucky for me, taste is not the issue. I can promise one thing… your direct guitar will sound impeccable. I can’t promise that the loop will sound good… you’ll have to make some adjustments to your concept of “good” to be sure of that. I can promise that the loop will be different from any sampler you’ve heard.