Jambands.ca

Random Thoughts From Right Now

guigsy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i work with someone who puts on far too much baby powder in the morning. right now i feel sick to my stomach.

oh man, that lady is going to be in far worse shape then you if she's covering herself in baby powder. That sh!t is bad for you. It's made up of tiny, spear-like crystals that painlessly pierce the lungs of talc miners and can cause forms of lung cancer. Imagine a baby inhaling that? It's really bad.

when i was about 15 i started to get really into early zappa records, but i dont think i really appreciated it until later on.. i always loved the humour of the albums, but it wasnt until within the last 4 or 5 years that i realized why they were funny. i always thought the music was brilliant, i mean, at that point it was unlike anything i ever dreamed of hearing.

and speaking of california, the san francisco 49er's record streak of games with at least 1 point ended today, kinda fittingly, at 420. i often wonder what's lined up with what out there.

fresh:tomatoes

red, green and hot peppers

onions

garlic

mushrooms

corn

carrots

(any other veggies you like or have kicking around)

basil

oregano

thyme

chili powder

tofu

red kidney beans

any other kind of beans you like/have on hand

tomato paste if you like it thick (i like everything thick :) )

start by heating up the oil and onions just until they sizzle calmly, add the garlic followed by the herbs. stir to coat with oil, once the onions are slightly transparent (this is called sweating the onions, it releases some great flavour) start adding the veggies- go from hardest to softest so that they will all be cooked around the same time. add the tofu, beans and tomato paste, mix well. let simmer until you're too damned hungry to wait anymore. that's all i do.