Jambands.ca

x

Joan

Thanks Ahess, let's open the floodgates then, shall we....?

For Luke: Dude, I won't even bother addressing any of your maniacal ramblings. The kernal of truth as to why I come here is that I am fascinated with YOU, no other reason. I can't keep away from lurking on this board because I am afraid I am going to miss the next "Kungism". The next fu©k-up. The next blow out. I stop by weekly and scan for your name alone. I wait with baited breathe until the day after the show or the Monday after the festival for the Skank reports to start coming in. And I'm always disappointed when I find that you didn't get to the show. "Zero", "Kung", "whatever" is a cut rate comic book character villain. One dimensional. Transparent. Predictable to a tee. And entertaining as hell!

One day, when I have time, I will spend a few hours doing a "collage of quotes" of all the times you have lost your sh!t and imploded, swearing to never post on this message board again....all the honorable mentions of you creeping out people out at shows with your compulsive obsessive behaviours....all the mention of bands and industry people who have written you off, banned or barred you or just straight up assaulted you (pure comedy)....all the times you have called all your "friends" on this board "a bunch of dimwit fuckwads who can't think for themselves and have no command over the english language." (yet they still defend you? they are good friends indeed!)...all the times you have used the words "I HATE".....or how many times you have threatned people with physical violence (yeah, I know, you know kung-fu or some sh!t)...or that you are going to narc on them (my personal favorite).........or how many times you have said that you are "choking on your rage" (that's always a little unnerving?) ..... it's all here, baby, archived for the world to see, and that sh!t is gold!

As for your "dishing the dirt", it's disgusting and morally reprehensible and should have no place in a forum for fans of music. You have no fu©king shame and no fu©king class. You think that just because you fu©k up publicly so often that these people should have their "dirty secrets" exposed (to make you feel better about yourself?) I shudder to think of how you justify this to yourself. Oh wait, I seem to remember something about it being OK to stand up in front of the band and distract them by giving them the finger? Must tie into that? I can't remember the reasoning now....Kauffmanesque? Irony? That's a nice explanation. How bout we step a little closer to the truth with another big word "narcissistic".....the root of this maniacal behaviour is to draw attention to yourself. period. I wish we had a Kung out here. Our "westie pussy" bouncers tend to frown upon patrons who harass the artists. I would love to see a neckless agro security dude "correct" that sort of intolerable behaviour, to the glee of all attending the show who are there to share good vibes with the artist and fellow show-goers.

I have asked myself a couple of times why I even bother wasting my time responding to you, now and in the past.....and the only reason I can come up with is that no one else does.....either because they agree with you? or because you bully and threaten anyone who disagrees with you? Either way, here I am, baby.

Love,

xo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny when I hear people talk about how there are so many inside jokes, and the ramblings that go on btw. everyone!

Well welcome aboard, we are the Skanks! It's hard for people not to have these kinds of post when they've spent sooo much time together whether it be as friends, meeting up at shows, or moving from town to town.

I know this board is suppose to be about "music", but to me it is much more - - And if people don't feel comfortable then they shouldn't feel the need to sign on, b/c there's always going to be one bad seed that represents the wrong way.

(If you can't take the heat - get out of the kitchen)

I just figure the west/central/east thing works becuase of where the sites and/or members are based:

Jambands.ca - Ontario with a large central membership

Upstream - BC with a large west coast membership (like the new messageboard also,cheers)

Jamhub.ca - ON but with a large east coast membership

All of which do a great job at keeping people in those areas informed on whats going on.When I want to know whats happening in Vancouver I go to Upstream,Halifax I go to Jamhub and around my area I come here which just happens to have the majority of my friends on board,as people in the west seem to have the majority of their friends on Upstream and the east on Jamhub.

Seems to make sense to me,if I had more friends on Upstream I'd probally post more there and same goes for the hub.Instead like some west coast folk here I lurk there as I am sure many others do.

Maybe on average the weed is better out there, but the best weed I ever smoked was grown right here in south western Ontario.

I think I was enjoying some of that very flavour not two weekends ago. ;)

I believe the west has a better variety of outdoor thats for sure,I know when I'm in the west I love the options I have to choose from.Ontario is well known for its indoor hydro though,when I was in Amsterdam in 97 BC & ON both got big props by the locals.

Anyway,thats my ramble for the day,my hookah has been workin overtime today with having a day off.

Cheers to Canadian herb ::

You know Spudly you think you have it all figured out but what you don't know is that I have an illness that causes me to act out in those ways from time to time. Everything you describe is a text book description of that disease. It is also a disease that allows me to appreciate things that you will never in your life be able to comprehend. It puts me in the same league as world leaders, great novelists, musicians, poets and artists, captains of industry. You know you're right to mention narcissism but yet I highly doubt that you know what the word means or what it's implications are. Narcissism is in short the love of a false self. If you are a gifted person you learn from an early age that people respond to you most when you do brilliant or entertaining things so you seek that out because it is the only time that you don't feel so despairingly sh!tty about yourself that you'd rather hop off a bridge. So you are loved for your false self and not your true self. But by all means if you want to mock a guy who has something just like diabetes or even cancer go for it. It’s not that your assessment isn’t without it’s merit it’s that it isn’t all that elucidating. I also highly doubt that you have looked that deeply within yourself at what makes you tick. I am bracingly honest with myself here on the board and in the outer world. You’re all fond of being bracingly honest but only when it comes to putting others in their place. So in short thanks for your pop psychiatric assessment poached largely from Deke. It is unfortunate that it has no other purpose but to shame me but I guess that was the plan.

Grandiosity. The person who is ‘grandiose’ is admired everywhere and needs this admiration; indeed, he cannot live without it. He must excel brilliantly in everything he undertakes, which he surely is capable of doing (otherwise he just does not attempt it). He, too, admires himself- for his qualities: his beauty, cleverness, talents- and for his success and achievements. Woe betide if one of these fails him, for then the catastrophe of a severe depression is imminent.

I feel badly...and I just wanted to apologize to all.

Luke really does put himself out there, his personal life for better or worse is contained in these pages for both for our amusement or betterment…the follies, the fu©k-ups, and I hate to admit, also his *unique* insight. It's not very cool of me to use my obscurity as an advantage to mount a personal attack (no matter how much he pisses me off!)...We all fu©k up time to time, and we all deserve some dignity. He deals with his own consequences and associated demons without the help of an outsider.

And so henceforth, I will refrain from any further attacks on Luke's character…..unless over time, I establish myself on this board, prove my worth (or not) and expose my weaknesses and achilles heels (as Luke does) and consequently earn my right to go toe to toe with him in that arena.

I have PM'd Luke as well to aplogize.

Love,

xo

PS - our weed IS better. I challenge you all to a "Puff-Off"….

I'm kidding of course, truth is that our outdoor environment (climate, terrain, etc) is better suited for outdoor crops than Ontario's (from what I'm told). The indoor strains are only as good as the grower.

Best I've smoked was "charas" (indian finger hash, hand rubbed) from a small mountain village in the Himalayas (in the Parvatti Valley to be specific) called Manali. Delicious. Choc full of heady heady goodness.

I can't believe you're apologising.

A guy walks into a bar and struts over to someones table and pisses in their drink. No reaction. Then he spits in their food. Again, no reaction. Finally, the guy shits on their table. One of the fellas stands up and says, that's it, I'm kicking your ass because you asked for it. The first guy then says, wait, I have a terrible disease and should thus be absolved from all repurcussions as soon as I utter the fact that I am diseased. Then he walks towards another table with his dick out ready to piss in somebody else's drink.

What would you do?

Having a disease or an imbalance is one thing, but using it to excuse nasty behavior (more than once) is pretty weak.

I applaud your honesty Todd. And by the same token. Just because somebody is rapidly waning in their years and has decided to relive his salad days by hanging around with a bunch of people half his age doesn't mean he's worthy of respect. Or just because someone has a taste for the sauce doesn't mean a nightclub is the ideal setting for a workplace. Lording over people with geriatric status isn't all that inspiring or becoming either. Besides the fact that I NEVER use my condition as an excuse and am disgusted that I had to come out like this but if you compared his remarks to a DSM IV description you would find a remarkable continuity. Besides if Hunter S. Thompson maces a waiter it's because the waiter was clearly too slow in his service.

now thats the truth.

i'm still trying to figure out what i should do about the threat to rat me out! i though that when i told zero that story that he'd have some commen sense and would not blab it all over the internet. obviously he does not.

I ask, what would you do if some one threaten to rat you out?

what do you think of Rats?

To me there the lowest form or human being, that deserve no pitty.

Uh-oh, looks like that guy with his dick out is heading towards my table!

"Just because somebody is rapidly waning in their years and has decided to relive his salad days by hanging around with a bunch of people half his age doesn't mean he's worthy of respect. Or just because someone has a taste for the sauce doesn't mean a nightclub is the ideal setting for a workplace. Lording over people with geriatric status isn't all that inspiring or becoming either"

Never insisted on respect, stopped working (exclusively) in bars almost 2 years ago, and if I inspire anybody I'm sure they're mistaken. Don't worry man, I have PLENTY of problems, physical, mental and otherwise, but using them for an excuse I think would be counter-productive.

Kinda like this thread, I guess.

Look man, you're sick, acknowledged, so let's not argue anymore, okay?

Just because somebody is rapidly waning in their years and has decided to relive his salad days by hanging around with a bunch of people half his age doesn't mean he's worthy of respect.

Okay now I think you're an ass. That comment, is a direct insult to one of my good friends. It boggles my mind on a daily basis the way you "talk" to people, and how you just can't let things go.

Welcome to society Zero. Sometimes you gotta bite that tongue.

Do you know what happens when you corner an animal? Do you know what happens when you try and go toe to toe with each and every person you encounter. The fact is I am afraid of no one. There is not a CEO, band manager, Minister or otherwise that I will back down from- I am a fu©king pit bull. If you cross me and offend me or misunderstand me I will lash out. If you cross my boundaries I will cross yours.

I never threatened to rat out Friendly and I'm still not sure what he meant by that. Besides the info I have on the New Deal never comes from Friendly, occasionally I corroborate a story through him but still never print it. That's how access works, you respect peoples privacy and secrets when they ask and then you get repeated access. This whole system fu©king reaks of self-congratulatory handshake journalism though- see Almost Famous. It strikes me particularly noteworthy that two of the fiercest debaters of this point are Velvet and Friendly- I wonder what they have in common other than say GETTTING PAID. I don't make cent one for any of this and I still put my personal and professional credibility on the line. Do I deserve the drumming I get from time to time? Yes. Do some of you misunderstand my admittedly convoluted points. Yes. Do I have the best interest of the musical growth of our scene and musicians at heart. Yes.

You know what conflict is a good thing. Pretending that we're all just get along gang buddies is really never going to get any of us anywhere. I have worked my ass off to become a damn good writer, promoter, impresario and human. I have achieved what I have by respecting peoples time, by mobilizing my contacts to support their causes, by having an attitude of hospitality and humility towards everyone I encounter. This is a place where I can indulge in a bizarre counter persona that is both a part of me and isn’t. Mistaking that ‘character’ for who I truly am is a grave mistake many of you have learned by now. I am comfortable with the people who know me and the ones who don’t or do and know they don’t like me just the same. In the end it is far more likely you’ll work for me some day than the other way around so I really don’t give two shits to be frank.

You come on here and read the mean-spirited jabs and wonder why lurkers remain lurkers? It's hell of alot more than just city-centric threads and comments. I think it may have something to do with a threatening and hostile environment in which to share ideas.

Besides, if you take a look at the forum's main page you'll see there's already plenty of things to make fun of. I count 6 nero posts (great bait for sure), a post with the words "thanks booche" in it which could really get you started, I mean what about this overwhelmingly cracker-ass subject line "My journey through Reggae"?

I'm happy to jump all over someone from time to time too but can you maybe try and hold yourself to a higher standard and avoid negating a mental illness, or busting someone's chops for not being youthful?

Pretending that we're all just get along gang buddies is really never going to get any of us anywhere.

Sad. I don't need to pretend. I genuinely feel love towards my friends. The majority of which, post on this board. Comments like that offend me. I will not allow you to minimize the relationships in my life with remarks like that.