Jambands.ca

x

Joan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Besides the fact that I NEVER use my condition as an excuse and am disgusted that I had to come out like this"

Who are you disgusted with exactly? Yourself? Cause no one outed you but you. I don't think anyone is trying to judge you or your mental illness, but if you did not want it to be an issue, or to be interpreted as an excuse than maybe you should have kept it to yourself.

Just my opinion (is it safe to share that here?)

Yes it is REALLY DARK where I am. I am in serious need of support from a group of true friends or professionals. I contribute a very great deal here and keep a good number of your spirits up through your drudging days. The same is not quite true in reverse. I am comfortable with myself (and I am squirming under my own skin). Without the melodrama associated with it I think it's time for another drop off the radar. I have far too much of importance to do with myself than to bicker with a bunch of twenty somethings about their precious wank jamjazz bands. So next time you scroll over the tedious endless stream of 'giv'r' threads, check this generic band threads, how 'bout those blue jays threads, give some thought to what exactly is lacking.

And I do apologize to Todd. His remark was completely out of line and insensitive and I called him on it too forcefully. Understand that I go to places in my mind that I could never discursively relate and that the pressure of simply living is enough to want to make a quicker than usual exit. How's that for honesty?

marco, i hear ya... there's a great breakfast place, oh, i dunno, maybe a 15 minute walk from my apartment.. maybe a little less.. either way, its too close to take the bus, but i always have a fear that i may not make it back in time, you know... so, sometimes i dont go there for breakfast, and sometimes i roll the dice.

I was just watching Ripley's Believe it or Not! This girl, Indian I think, always liked to eat her hair! Well, years later, when she was 15, she got a tummy ache... a really bad one! They cut her open to find a huge hair ball in her stomach! It took up her whole stomach. It had grown over the years and actually took the shape of her stomach. A three pound hair ball!! To get an idea of how big we're talkin here, they likened that to having 12 quarter pound hamburgers jammed in your stomach. Mmmmmm! I'll take mine with cheese and lettuce please! She said she was never going to eat her hair again. Oh, and it was perfect, the next commercial to go on after that hairball segment was for Meow Mix I think... a special anti-hairball blend. That's funny and interesting, eh?

I was just watching Ripley's Believe it or Not! This girl, Indian I think, always liked to eat her hair! Well, years later, when she was 15, she got a tummy ache... a really bad one! They cut her open to find a huge hair ball in her stomach! It took up her whole stomach. It had grown over the years and actually took the shape of her stomach. A three pound hair ball!! To get an idea of how big we're talkin here, they likened that to having 12 quarter pound hamburgers jammed in your stomach. Mmmmmm! I'll take mine with cheese and lettuce please! She said she was never going to eat her hair again. Oh, and it was perfect, the next commercial to go on after that hairball segment was for Meow Mix I think... a special anti-hairball blend. That's funny and interesting, eh?

I've seen that with moe.ron, best believe it or not ever!! I liked seeing Dean Cain handle said hairball after, what a beautiful relic! Didnt he give it a little sniff too? ::

btw - it should be obvious at this point in this thread that a regular contributor to this board (like it or not) is in some real pain. And no, it's not me with my egg issues.

Not that I condone name-calling but we've got a man down, help him up and worry about the issues later. Even if you're convinced he wouldn't do the same for you (I'm not convinced of that), it's still the right thing to do.

Just my $0.02. Take it or leave it. I love you.

Speaking of Cast Iron and Pot, yesterday I found the perfect way to season a proper Chinese Wok. Be advised, Non-stick Woks can actually degrade faster than a $10 chinatown wok because of the high heat used in chinese cooking. This method also pertains to old rusty woks that you want re-use again

With WATER ONLY, scrub the inside and out with a non-metal scrub pad. Dry fully and place on the stove on med-lo (like 2 or 3 on the average electric stove). add 2 tsp vegetable or sunflower or high-heat type of oil and rub all over. Leave on heat for 10 minutes, then cool and wipe the inside with a paper towel. Most likely some black stuff will come off. Repeat the process of oiling and heating and wiping until nothing comes off.

It worked on my wok which had alot of abuse and then sat around for too long and became rusty. Now you don't have to worry about getting alzheimer's or eating too much carbon!

I ask, what would you do if some one threaten to rat you out?

what do you think of Rats?

To me there the lowest form or human being, that deserve no pitty.

I agree with you there brother.I have no tolerance for rats at all.I only know one solution for em,but would rather not say online but it involves serious violence.

i've been lurking for many months now.

i used to post blatant self promotion a while back.. using the sight as a 'tool' if you will...

then i started to enjoy reading it (all of it)... so i tried to get involved a bit by posting something other than "my band is playing at..." but that didn't work out so good for the same reasons approximately as were mentioned by the guy earlier. either that or i just was not verbose enuff to warrant a decent response. no matter really.. the real value to me wasn't the interaction or dialog i shared, it was the interaction or dialog i read. this is a very humorous/interesting/silly place allot of the time.. even when those emotionally attached aren't laffing so hard.

but i still would come around and read stuff.. expressly for the entertainment value. i think thats why all people post and read on all message boards and online community type places. maybe not though.

i got great entertainment value for my money reading this thread... and yeah maybe alot of it was at other peoples expense i guess but funny is funny. i laff when people slip on ice and stuff. i also laff when i slip on ice and stuff. i laff at stuff. stuff laffs at me. its all good if no one gets hurt... (physically i mean... feelings don't really count)

that said, let me tell you about my buddy Derek who made his own wok out of a plowing disk... a trick he learned from some menonite dude. its great. he takes it camping and just throws it in the coals of the fire.. adds oil and stirfry stuff and gets the best stirfrys ever.

so ... like the giant squid of the atlantic ocean, i have copulated, and now must again return to the oceans deepest fathoms where i shall LURK for yet another year.

Three cheers for 6ftnuthin'. I like it when the lurkers come out. I think you should stay out little squiddy, no back to the waters with you.

It's too bad this thread got hijacked (which I admit I helped to hijack), and sorta in and of itself illustrated the point of why some people lurk. It would be nice if this thread brought a few more squiddies to the surface.

Me and Luke pm'ed each other, and I think we're all good, and wherever you are man, I hope you get the help you want and/or need. I'll see you at Hallowe'en, I'll be the one dressed as the old man.

This forum has always been quite open with very little moderation. Every once and a while, the fan gets hit with sh!t, and I never know where it's come from.

I do know one thing, a online forum is not a place to let yourself get heated up over another post and generalizing in order to attack someone using anonymous reference to attempt at an insult is truely outrageous...

'Just because somebody is rapidly waning in their years '

I can't believe I read that. Mind you, I got a kick out of the 'guy walks into a bar' story. That didn't really feel like an attack, but a very candid observation with an interesting analogy.

I know all this stuff got posted this afternoon, but I was away for a software demo in Cornhole, ontario.

Please try and be kind to everyone. And if anyone would like support from real friends, albeit online, they're all right here. Just be easy on them, be honest, and the support will likely find you.

There's never any reason to disappear. The most wonderful people hang out here, which is pretty unique for a public forum. It might have something to do with the music we all enjoy together.

Luke and I have PM'd ourselves back into a state of mere tolerence..... I don't relish in anyone's suffering, but sometimes some good comes out of these conflicts...

What did I learn today?

1. tolerence of others is directly linked to ego

2. reality is a matter of personal perception and personal perception is a mere variable of reality.

3. if you sh!t in your cornflakes, your breakfast wiill taste funny

4. you can sometimes re-use duct tape on a second hamster, but never a third.

Love,

xo

No fu©k it all I have not received satisfaction!!!

Just joking. Look this has been really informative and cathartic for me and I apologize if it caused some heartache along the way. Oddly enough I dealt with something quite seriously along these lines at the Guelph Jazz Fest in the week prior. How can I summise any of this? Well as Carl Wilson put it in his blog 'conflict is a good thing'. Another thing I might mention is that Tom Walsh the trombonist and bandleader of NOMA made a really obvious argument to me that classifications of different types of music are really 'archival' terms, that is they are used by record stores to sort product. His approach in his beautiful group(s) is to bring improvisers of different pedagogy's together in the context of loose compositions he introduces. This was all quite meaningful to me because I see bands I really think have great talent (nero, The Slip and a handful of others) struggling under the yoke of limited profile due to these archival terms. Their performance based aesthetic doesn't work for the indy chin wag rock press. But something quite tangible is happening right NOW NOW NOW. Feeling music, instantaneaous music, Spirit of the World music (without any hokey native american business mixed in or yeah that too) is all beginning to not only be available but popular and accessible. So we live in a great great time and our proclivity to travel and search out one of a kind musical gatherings is quite worthy. But we must also demand that the artists try and be as receptive as possible to this moment we are occupying. It is called auspiciousness, or fortuitousness, or propitiousness- it means hitting the right or wrong note at the right or wrong moment. If our artists and our fans really try to not worry about insulating our egos and more about giving our positive or negative energies over to the artists we will surely excel. Though they would never put it that way it is something quite like that which makes Canada such an enjoyable place for American and International artists to ply their trade.

We're all on the same side. Red Rover. Red Rover.