Jambands.ca

~DIESEL DOG & SOLSTICE~ Sat. Oct. 16 ~Toronto~

Jay Funk Dawg

diesel.jpg

Diesel Dog is performing on Saturday, Oct. 16th at the EL MOCAMBO....

bottomPic.jpgwith opener......

Solstice

Solstice Website

publicity.jpg

Solstice is a spirited Canadian band with diverse roots, known for powerful songs, rich vocal harmonies, melodic textures and eclectic instrumentation. Solstice music evidences the influence of rock 'n' roll, folk, blues, country, Celtic, old world, and Maritime music. Their lyrics often draw upon the richness of human experience and often reflect it with intimacy and courageous optimism.

Hey.

Normally I'd say that you should ask our band

"Uncle Seth".

I'm unfortunately out of town that weekend.

Our singer Tara might be interested in doing a stripped down acoustic thing though. She's got a killer voice.

Ask Mr. Musicface, he knows stuff.

In the future, please keep us in mind. I'm sure we'd love to put together some shows with you.

www.musicface.com/uncleseth

Cool,

Jef

Jaydawg said:

Mon Oct 042004 12:14 PM

Thanks to all who responded...we'll get the rest of you to the El Mocambo shortly.

Solstice will be the opener for Diesel Dog.

please email me @ 360@canoemail.com if you are interested in performing in Toronto at the El Mo"JAM"bo

J-ROC said:

Tue Oct 122004 03:43 AM

yo, i thought diesel dog was opening for a good band?!? i'll pay double if you let diesel dog headline,, in fact i'll pay 50 bucks, the cash is in my hand,, who else wants to raise the stakes

Did that just happen...eek13.gif

Nice 50 Jay.

oh yeah... can you feel it?

I talk to Doug and the guys and they seem very excited to return to Toronto. They had a great show with Addision Groove Project in September and they are really psyched to rock it out. Solstice is also a great band, more a rootsy vibe, Diesel Dog and Solstice shared the stage at the Lose Your Shoes Festival this past summer and they've been working on doing a show together for a longtime... I'm looking forward to this and I hope you guys can make it out..

jay

solstice was neat, a wide variety of instruments were played, however i don't think the soundman did them much justice, but i guess when it's your first time working with an accordian and boron (sp?) you have a good excuse. i think the venue sucks too. last night it was way too cold and all summer long it was nasty and hot, the drinks are too expensive ($2.50 for a pop, wtf!) and they don't give free drinks to the bands, and the pay sucks too. i think the elmo pretty much sucks but the bands were great (and i'm not biased at all :: )