Jambands.ca

name a bunny contest

bokonon

Well, if you want to use movie characters as name inspirations, the great cult film Donnie Darko featured a surreal figure in a bunny costume named Frank:

donniedarko,0.jpg

If you wanna go alcohol-fuelled dillusional, then the classic Jimmy Stewart movie Harvey is not a bad choice either:

B0000549B0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

One of the greatest movie rabbits of all time was from an old movie called Harvey. (The rabbit's name was Harvey.)

This is a description from an online store selling the DVD:

Elwood is a good-natured, slightly sloshed man whose faithful companion is a 6-foot 3-1/2 inch rabbit that only he can see. When his sister Veta (Josephine Hull) tries to have him committed, she's taken in instead. It's up to Elwood and Harvey to straighten out the mess. James Stewart stars in his most amiable, bumbling mode. The film is based on Mary Chase's Pulitzer Prize-winning play. Academy Award Nominations: 1, including Best Actor: James Stewart. Academy Awards: 1, Best Supporting Actress: Josephine Hull.

I vote for naming the new rabbit "Harvey", in this proud, albeit drunken, tradition.

(This is what happens when you post before you read others' replies, it appears someone has already made this suggestion.)

Okay, I forgot the obvious.

One of my favourite books, Watership Down, by Richard Adams is all rabbits. Although you can choose from the whole bunch, I think the obvious choice is "Fiver", the young mystic-rabbit whose visions of pending doom drove the story.

I update my vote to "Harvey" or "Fiver" (or possibly any other character in Watership Down, if you have a different favourite rabbit from the story.) Seems like a good choice for a librarian, too.