Jambands.ca

Hiway Freeker

Ms.Huxtable

Paul, Shawn and the sweet, sweet Serena were at the GTB/JS show here in T.O. a couple of weeks ago, and showed up at Sari and Alexis’ after-partay. They mentioned an upcoming Fantasy project, but no sign of any Freekin reunions! I tried my best to encourage it (I think I might even have begged!) but I realize that if I try to think less selfishly, they are most likely better off apart for now. Time (and perhaps continual begging) will tell. Here’s hoping!

I was pleasently surprised to get a huge hug from Serena at PJC last friday,although at first I had no idea who it was,but I thought,"sh!t,this girl wants to hug me,who am I to say no",funny how somone changes their hair color and you don't recognize them...sorta felt like a tool when I had to ask M who it was..d'oh.

I never inquired about any situations with the band or outside the band,since,I don't feel it was any of my business and was just glad to see a friend I haven't in awhile.Although I must mirror POG's comments since that was all I overheard about the band too while hanging out.

Awesome band and even better people.All the best to them whatever they do.

Last year we sent an email to Topper of moe as one of our Canadian suggestions for playing the moe.down side-stage. I really wish they were still together.

They were really one of the tightest grooviest, danciest live acts I have seen around these parts.

Ahess, that was a magical evening in Wakefield. I can't wait to help organize another bus trip out there.

Any Bus Drivers out there with a valid license, please contact me. (Dingy, that means you) Let's talk!

The last time I saw Paul and Serena was at the Sisters Euclid show after Hornsby in July. I miss them in many ways too.

I'll stand by it through and through...they're the band in the CanJam scene that (to me) seems like they work on every little frickin detail. total finesse, style, and swagger. they had energy, emotion and they did it more tastefully than any other act in the scene.

i recall Mr. Jones telling me that it was like going to church...that sorta stuck with me. definitely a band that was genuine about their efforts and virtues in songwriting AND musicality.

a shame they're gone but they at least made my life a little brighter.