Jambands.ca

The Reverend's Attic

TheGoodRev

Hi all. I lurk around sometimes, don't think I've ever posted.

I wanted to throw out a plug for my brand new radio show. I host a show called The Reverend's Attic on 93.3 CFMU in Hamilton. My format is heavy on roots- and roots-inspired rock. Some bands would be considered "jambands", others not, but I have a feeling that people here would dig what I'm doing. As an example, here's a cross-section of what I played last week:

The Band

The Stones

Joel Plaskett

The Crowes

The Faces

Gov't Mule

Anyway the show is Friday mornings from 6 to 9am. CFMU streams online so if you're not in Hamilton, you can still listen. Hit the stations's website at http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca and click 'webcast' in the left hand column; the stream will open in your Winamp. As far as I know, Winamp is the only player that will work with the stream.

Anyway thanks for reading and I hope you tune in! Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry link was dead. Live again now.

Well thank you Mary :). Just came along to bump this up, I've got two co-hosts tomorrow morning, D. Charles Rosen and my hilarious compadre Isaac. Hilarity will ensue and good tunes will be spun! Tomorrow I'm hoping to throw down:

The Steepwater Band from Chicago

The Spades from Peterborough

A couple tracks from the new Mule record

A track (or maybe two) from the new North Mississippi Allstars live disc

A track from the new Crickets disc (Buddy Holly's band! With a new disc featuring Eric Clapton, Don Everly and more)

I'd love it if people from this board tuned in! 93.3 FM in Hamilton and surrounding, and http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca anywhere else. Cheers!

Reverend,

I like your show! I drive from Hamilton to Oakville every morning from 6:45-7:30am and the last two weeks I have stumbled upon The Reverend's Attic.. That 'Elizabeth Reed' was a nice kickstart to the day -- thanks. I would've been hootin and hollarin if The Spades came on!! Keep it up.

Dude you just missed them...I gave the title track from Burning on Fumes a spin a little after 8 yesterday. No worries, I will play them again in the next couple of weeks; trying to get them to come to Hamilton.

Thanks for the kind words, I can't beleive I actually have regular listeners. Thanks for listening man.

nmhome.jpg

This guy beseeches you to listen tomorrow morning. The Band's Brown Album has pretty much defined my week, so we'll be hearing from that record, as well as a brand new 45 from Los Straitjackets, 'verb-dripping surf. Thanks for all your support everybody, we appreciate people tuning in.

Also we have a new website up, it's pretty sparse, but you can get the webcast from there too, it's

http://theattic.spin45.net

Cheers!