Jambands.ca

Nero at the Post

Booche

Yup

Perfectly intimate, and versionly sound, Nero began their not-enough-long-night-run with an opened Effervescence. Feeling somewhat sound-checkedish, Miko Mard pulled off an individually solo run by each member, reminding us what they were playing. A beginning to behold. Strangely enough, the crowd was subdued. Here we are, 2 songs in and everyone is sitting on their hands?

Forseeingly, we know what we are going to experience these next 2 nights.

How wrong we were.

Crabwalk

Darius

BlueMoon.jpg

ECHOES!!!!!!!

(Yes, that deserves its praise. We are talking about Nero’s greatest cover.)

INTERMISSION

So, we are all outside, tokin’ and smoking, and

along comes Hendricks to tell us that we are about to miss something special.

Thankfully, we didn’t.

Shane came onstage, and the Dekcuf was IMMEDIATELY transported into the Whipping Post, only 3 years later. How strangely intimate it was again, yet over-whell-iming-ly intense.

-

Flurmy > Pumpkin Song was every Tuesday again, as if it had never gone away.

Stunned, stunned, stunned…………………………………………………………stunned.

(By the way, I love you Gateaux and Rubber Dickwad)

I don’t know if we ever recovered, but it was so gorgeous, she didnt matter.

They played Scent - Tonto - El Vezz - Zedonk and encored with Running With The Devil alongside our finishing Travelling Matt.

Does it matter what I half to say?

2 quarters?

A small third..........................(I cant believe I missed RWTD)

Mushy gayness to follow...due to my overwhelming emotions due to what could have been my last full nero show!

To walk in the bathroom and hear the ching ching of someones infamous boots, and then to walk out and see Shaner on stage!!! Then looking around and seeing the tapers and all the duct tape on the walls, the smoke show during pumpkins, dancing up front with the old crowd, Holy fu©k...I almost cried!

Let me reflect, over the last pile of years, I have seen every incarnation of bands these guys have come up with. From Jay and Dave playing coffeeshows at highschool...Stapes, singing Paint it Black, Electro Magnetic Sunbath, then we get some PLOW, playing at Gentle Annies, Nora St., to nero's first few shows at Crackers 2000 in the heart of Westboro (win the fish night), moving onto Zaphods, on Johnny Vegas nights, Stapes dancing and thrwing in some sweet samples, weekly whippings, lance and horace, the white show and, the big midget circus at Barrymore's, Todd Snelgrove, One show as Bacon, Emily singing the sweetest songs, Supersleeper...Babylon, many New Year's, Canada Days, Jambands.ca, the Skank, CoZone, Royal York hotel t-dot, East and West Coast tours, handi-bus, a new bass player in Mr. Buote, That thing they played at with Rusty, Killaloe, Frontier Town, slip, tour with moe, moe.down, Evolve....all of this Sweet, sweet, nero candy...2 official CD's, is it morning?, ZEDONK...

I'll miss neroboy...thanks for the years...Jay, Dave, Chris, Shaner, Emily, and Stapes...All of you have been such a big part of my life for years!!! and I know we will all be lifelong friends!! I love each and everyone one of the people I have met over these years, and I am sure all these friendships will continue for a long time...

Except for Doochard!

Listening to Dusty has left the building, right now!!!

Wow, what I night... easily my best Nero experience and hopefully not my last... that will hopefully be New Year's Eve... and yes, the show was taped. Brad, myself, and another old school taper with a cassette deck were there in full force along with somebody toting a video camera. This one will be out in circulation soon. Wow... an amazing night. It's a shame I can't make it tonight for night 2. Thanks boys for the ECHOES.... I needed that. Everyone have a blast tonight for me! Cheers..

Mushy gayness to follow...due to my overwhelming emotions due to what could have been my last full nero show!

To walk in the bathroom and hear the ching ching of someones infamous boots, and then to walk out and see Shaner on stage!!! Then looking around and seeing the tapers and all the duct tape on the walls, the smoke show during pumpkins, dancing up front with the old crowd, Holy fu©k...I almost cried!

Let me reflect, over the last pile of years, I have seen every incarnation of bands these guys have come up with. From Jay and Dave playing coffeeshows at highschool...Stapes, singing Paint it Black, Electro Magnetic Sunbath, then we get some PLOW, playing at Gentle Annies, Nora St., to nero's first few shows at Crackers 2000 in the heart of Westboro (win the fish night), moving onto Zaphods, on Johnny Vegas nights, Stapes dancing and thrwing in some sweet samples, weekly whippings, lance and horace, the white show and, the big midget circus at Barrymore's, Todd Snelgrove, One show as Bacon, Emily singing the sweetest songs, Supersleeper...Babylon, many New Year's, Canada Days, Jambands.ca, the Skank, CoZone, Royal York hotel t-dot, East and West Coast tours, handi-bus, a new bass player in Mr. Buote, That thing they played at with Rusty, Killaloe, Frontier Town, slip, tour with moe, moe.down, Evolve....all of this Sweet, sweet, nero candy...2 official CD's, is it morning?, ZEDONK...

I'll miss neroboy...thanks for the years...Jay, Dave, Chris, Shaner, Emily, and Stapes...All of you have been such a big part of my life for years!!! and I know we will all be lifelong friends!! I love each and everyone one of the people I have met over these years, and I am sure all these friendships will continue for a long time...

Except for Doochard!

Listening to Dusty has left the building, right now!!!

Reading that brings tears to my eyes. Thank you.

WOW, what a night. My first hometown Nero show and did not disappoint. The boys rocked!! I thought it would be a little more packed in there, but I guess some you all saveed yourselves for night 2. Since I only had one night I made the most of it.

Booche gave me the thumb up to giv'r and off I went.

Thank you Booche and Douglas for putting up my drunk ass for the night. Thank to Doggie for the ride up and back and the sweet tunes. Thanks to 40 main and to all the people I met there for getting me to that next level of disfunction.

Nice to see some familiar faces and got to finally meet a few new ones.