Jambands.ca

Disapointed in moe.ntreal

AD

Who starts a show at 7:30 without telling anyone?

fu©k, I took two days off work, and saw the encore.

I'm a little pissed at moe., and a little pissed at the venue. More at moe. though. They posted no details for the show on their website, took my money for the tickets, fock.

Man. Good thing the bars were open til 3, I had FIVE HOURS of drinking to do after the show was over.

AD

I think the early ending, which caused the early start, was imposed by the bar. Like Zaphod's in Ottawa, they get the band off-stage early (10pm for Cafe Campus, 11pm for Zaphod's) and then get DJs to spin for a whole other crowd.

The big missed opportunity here, though, was an afterparty. Just imagine if nero could have arranged to play at Le Swimming after the moe. show...

As to the moe. show itself, it was the weakest I've seen from them. Loads of fun in places, but they didn't really do it to us the way they did in Ottawa, and we didn't get any big bust-outs (no "Plane Crash", no "McBain", etc.) the way we got in Ottawa ("Moth" and "Rebubula").

Aloha,

Brad

yeah...it was totally weird. I got there just before 7:30 to a crowd of about 25 or so people. I don't think it was much more than that when the band hit the stage.

On Thursday nights at Cafe Campus it's "90s Rock Night" - which is probably why (just like bradm said) they want to get the band off the stage so DJs can start spinning other music...it's too bad that not much was known - us montrealers were speculating for days about this, and we got word only around 5:30pm about the early start...

yeah...it was totally weird. I got there just before 7:30 to a crowd of about 25 or so people. I don't think it was much more than that when the band hit the stage.

On Thursday nights at Cafe Campus it's "90s Rock Night" - which is probably why (just like bradm said) they want to get the band off the stage so DJs can start spinning other music...it's too bad that not much was known - us montrealers were speculating for days about this, and we got word only around 5:30pm about the early start...

You found out 5:30PM on the day of the show! That's so wrong.

There was a message sent out that was also posted here ( i got it too late to personally post) to spread the word to get there for 7:30.

Clearly it was a suprise for everyone involved. What the hell is wrong with these venues that push live music off for 90's rock night?

unfortunately we missed the first set ::but its o.k.

the second set was awesome still. Pissed that I missed crabeyes for sure...we knew doors opened at 7:30 but didn't believe they'd be hitting the stage that early...didn't believe a Zaphods type place could exist in montreal...not moes fault.

Ottawa was off the hook and I allready knew there was no beating that night so I wasn't dissappointed.

I only hope and pray they come back with so little advertising I doubt they made much coin...not being allowed into the states I realy hope they do come back.....word out if there is a next time I'd be happy to poster this town from the gutters to the top of the Peace tower...in G.P. I used to get payed to hang high profile banners...so surely I could get the word out about an upcoming Moe show.

moe-moe.

FWIW, I had had my tickets for several weeks, they said "show 7:30, doors 7:00," and they did not say "with guests."

Thing is, I've NEVER been to a show in Montreal that respected the start time printed on the ticket. I assumed 7:30 meant at least 8:00, _and_ that there'd be an opening act.

Similar thing happened here a couple of weeks ago--Cowboy Junkies were forced into a 7:30-9:30 slot at Club Soda because a rapper was playing a separate show at 10 pm.

Agree with BradM--the moe. show had its moments (like the droney Arabic-inflected jam after the Hava Nagila tease, forget during which song), and despited the fact they played mostly songs I'd never heard live, overall it was not the best I've seen from them.

Well, I ordered my tickets off the internet the day they went on sale (early September I think) and they were only available at the Will-Call, so I had now way to see what it said on the ticket. You think with the onsale and show dates two months apart they can at least send out the tickets. Or send all relevant information about the ticket (such as door and show times) in the confirmation email...

Blah.

AD

what about the people that got rejected at will call cause they closed it?

and then there was me...i should've just realized i'd have missed the show. i got there late. the show was done. I had an audition to go to in Montreal which made the run doable for me. From what i heard the show wasn't as spectacular as ottawa or toronto and the lack of afterparty kept everyone but stapes sleepy.

stapes - thanks for being surly.

i think moe. should've put the early start on the website not just on the tickets.

the tour's done for me - i can now get on with my life and stop stewing about it.

i'm just i laid it down at the audition. yee haw! i think i had a better time at the jamspace than i would've had at cafe campus (yesss!)

wow, sorry to hear about this! I agree that, when it comes to club shows, they rarely start when the ticket time says. I've had so many nights getting into the bar at 10pm just to wait and drink for the better part of two hours.

Reminds me of that lovely night hamilton, secondtube and I enjoyed a nice plate of wings and a couple of beers at a random Buffalo restaurant while the John Scofield show we had $50 tickets for was going down across the street. Caught the last part of the second set. Talk about a bummer!

I don't mind earlier starts as long as I know. hamilton and I (we're dating now, btw) saw Jonathan Richman in Toronto on Tuesday (while all you dirty, smelly, extra-chromosomed wooks were wallowing in your hairy, hippy filth at the moe show) and the show started promptly after nine and we were back in the car by 11.15pm. Kinda cool. Great show, btw. fu©king great show.