Jambands.ca

Just another day at the office.

MarcO

A co-worker here at the office has a spouse on the Hamilton Police ERU Team and as part of the new recruits' training, they are sent to defuse a bomb strapped to a person. They won't know it's a drill.

I have been volunteered to be that person so I am going to have a fake bomb strapped to my chest and some dudes from the ERU will be tested as to how they respond to the call and get the bomb off of me.

If I go out in a blaze of gunfire, divvy up my fortune between you all. Booche gets my pants and hamilton gets my collection of scabs I've kept in a Corn Flakes box for years now (hope Laurie didn't have cereal for breakfast this morning). They're not worth much but , oh! the memories!

::

Be sure to scream stuff like "Dirka dirka!!! Muhammed Jihad!!!!!"

I considered "Trey broke up my favorite band!!" but that wouldn't fly.

Pretty interesting situation. I had wires wrapped around me and was strapped to a chair, and to the bomb.

The scenario was, a biker client* of the firm had been expecting a $2mil settlement but it turned out to be more like $350,000. Irate, he grabs a random person (me), clears the room, straps the bomb on me and tells the lawyer to come up with the money by the end of the day or else the bomb is timed to go off, and not to tell the police or else it'll keep happening.

I had to hold the bomb next to my torso, any tilting movement and/or releasing the bomb from my body would detonate it; there was a switch that my body was holding in, if it opened, it would go off.

So they did the drill - they knew it was a drill after all - and unfortunately....... the bomb went off. ::

Pretty freaky, but really interesting. I sincerely hope none of you ever have a bomb strapped to you. Even though I knew it was a ruse, I actually started to get kind of nervous with all these ERU guys swarming around me.

All of which made me hungry. See ya! ::

* I'd like to point out that our firm is not the sort to defend bikers; we do civil litigation, not criminal. thanks!

Hahahaha Marco, that's freaking hilarious. I'm so sorry you had to fly into imaginary marco bits and pieces. I like you had a scab collection, but sari unwittingly ate them from the special k box i kept them in. I haven't had the heart to tell her yet.

So MY day at the office has been wet your pants funny.

My boss was here and we have this automatic garage door type thing into our warehouse. he had the door partially open so that not as much cold air would go through into the warehouse. So he thinks he has enough clearance to go under the door with this thing strapped to the trailer attached to his SUV. I'm in the office and i hear bang!. uh oh i think. then BANG!!! I go and look, and he's tried to drive through under the partially opened door and he's bent 3 panels of the door beyond repair and pulled the track clear off where it's attached to the building.

someone else has damaged a track and he's berated them for 25 minutes until the girl cried. he got out of his car and laughed and said "oh i got that one pretty good". the whole thing was too funny. god i hate him hahaha at least i got to say "get outta here, you've caused enough damage as it is!!" with a smile of course. ;)

MarcO, maybe one of the ERU dudes was reading about the little scenario on here.

Also, did you piss or crap in your pants ? I'm sure that would have been more convincing had you let go.

do you mean b/c they knew it was a drill? no, they knew anyway - their superiors were standing there watching them and evaluating them.

I'll tell you what though, I had a plate of hot wings last night around midnight (why, Marc, why?!?) and while I was sitting there, strapped to a bomb, I was concerned I may give birth to a small, young, hairless Asian boy.