Jambands.ca

What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Patchoulia

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ween are definately a band that seems to fall into the love them or hate them category... I'm on the love side ::... caught their Chocalate and Cheese tour in Toronto some time back and they kicked my ass live (they had Memphis country session players backing them up that tour, downing Jack Daniels straight through the show... blew me away, couldn't believe their live representation of their material)

currently listening to:

NEW RIDERS OF THE PURPLE SAGE

Friday, August 6, 1971

Hollywood Palladium - Hollywood, CA

audience recording

My friend Andy Lee (props Korean Sensation!), source of all sorts of good music, has turned me on to Saul Williams. Normally I wouldn't find spoken word all that great but the beats are good and it slants enough towards Hip Hop that it's engaging. And his words speak to the black part of me that doesn't exist: www.saulwilliams.com.

After having seen Garden State I need to throw The Shins on again. We had the album around for a while and I loved it but now I've gone and lost it.

CSI: at the moment, when it's over, it'll be:

Built To Spill

2003-09-24

Irving Plaza

New York City, NY

1. Crankenstein (Halo Benders)

2. Sidewalk

3. Stab

4. Trimmed And Burning

5. broken string interlude

6. Nowhere Nothin' Fuckup

7. Center Of The Universe (long version)

8. Cleo

9. Untrustable

10. Liar

11. Stop The Show

12. Joyride

13. Big Dipper

14. Strange

15. Cortez The Killer (Neil Young)

16. White Man In Hammersmith Palais (The Clash)

I'm telling you...do the marathon, see the light.

CSI is soooo over produced it's corny. The only cool part left is when someone gets shot or stabbed and they trip out with the special effects, showing the inner passages of the bullets travels or inards doing crazy reactionary sh!t.

The characters are all so over done in there characteristics...yeah yeah that idiosyncratic GRisman....march to that drum mr sign language...oh hes so mystereoso....oh wait getting to hear The Who is cool but I've got the album...oh I guess its a decent fashion show..so sharp are those crazy kids...oh and as is often with t.v. we get to watch the nose jobs, botox, boob jobs, face lifts....not that I wouldn't chop my nose in half given the cash....but still....CSI-same crap, different pile.

T.V. has been letting me down.

sorry del I'm antsy and teasing ya mostly :: :)

I'm watching the program The Wedge on the MuchLoud digital channel. A few minutes ago I watched a video by the artist Andre Ethier from Deadly Snakes. The video was Little Saddy - a great country rocker. Next was Sons & Daughters doing a punk-country ditty called " Johnny Cash ". Excellent! And right now, the best video of all time: Johnny Cash's " Hurt ". The Wedge is a great program!!

And coming up after the commercial break is Ted Leo & The Pharmacists. Another good band.