Jambands.ca

The New Deal in Ottawa: March 23

bradm

I think I'm with rubberdinghy on this one: $20 for The New Deal, on a weeknight, just doesn't work for me. If it was, say, $10 and on a Friday or Saturday, then I might be up for it. I might change my mind if it was reported that tND had gotten significantly better (as in less repetitive, more different tempos, etc.), but the last couple of times I've seen them, it just hasn't connected that extremely for me.

Aloha,

Brad

The last time I saw them at Barrymore's was in March 2003 - it was repetitive and not up to their potential.

I saw them play the Capital City Music Hall (or whatever the hell its called) opening and they'd changed a lot from the March 03 show. Much more energy and breadth. Then again maybe it was the cookies...

The Ottawa Stage Force Field was definitely in effect at both shows. I imagine this changes the dynamics for a band considerably.

I'll check'em again for $20. They've got enough talent to warrant another try.

If only because it's at Barrymores's I would go but alas I'll be out of town. On the upside I took a look at Pollstar for NYC for that week and I wonder what to do with myself. Soundtrack of our lives? Dave Holland? Buddy Guy? Black Crowes? All of the above and looming bankruptcy?

I'll probably go, but I'm not a big fan. I've seen them once, and it was a major disappointment... They don't still have that girl ruining, oops, I mean singing to their music do they? I'll probably leave early, what with work and a general dislike of their music and all...