Jambands.ca

American Idol Last Night

ollie

Anyone at home catch it? There are a couple of rockers in the competition this year and one of them layed down a pretty smoking "Whipping Post" last night. Albeit probably the shortest version in history at under two minutes. His name is Bo Bice and he's worth tuning in for.

The other rocker is a real poseur but it was nice to hear him do "Hard to Handle" last night as well.

ollie, I am amazed to see myself admitting to watching that show, and especially identifying with a contestant, but I agree totally. That guy seems like a cool, genuine guy with an awesome voice and a great stage-presence. I really hope he wins, just for the fact that it might change the expected image of the average pop star for the better.

The other rocker, I agree, is a a SERIOUS poser. I can't say I enjoyed his "Hard to Handle", though ... and might even say it was a bit hard to handle. :P

From Piranha on the Terrapin board re: Constantine:

I went to high school with him and he's a TOOL!!

We went to Ramapo High School togther, in Franklin Lakes, NJ.

He was a grade above me, 1994 Grad.

My band opened for his garage band in HS. Funny sh!t, he played/sang with Joe Russo on drums. *Now with "The benevento/Russo Duo"!!

No sh!t!

:o

i had to change the channel on constantine. i cant deal with him. But ya Bo all the way so far. I'm also rooting for the big guy - underdog, i thought he did really well last night for what he does. was it just me or were the judges on drugs last night?

i hate people who try to do covers exactly like the originals - ya safe country version - still hard to sing i think.

i just thought they encouraged them to change the song to suit their style and that sounded like somethign faith hill would sing to me. maybe i'm nuts

Me: This is just fu©ked up, this fu©king thread man.............

Any Of You Jackasses: Do you feel like you are being exploited?

Me: YES!

Any Of You Jackasses: This thread.....

Me: [color:"purple"]Yeah,

Any Of You Jackasses: ....is nothing more.....

Me: [color:"purple"]Yeah,

Any Of You Jackasses: ....than a conversation on the internet.

Me: Kinda gets in the way of every body that's here though. Lets just say that this thread got popular and there were 5 million people, reading this thread, would I get royalties? Nooooooo.....

Any Of You Jackasses: In five years, I'll bet you will be back in this thread.

Me: I'm probably not even going to be ALIIIIIVE five years from now!

That one chick in Red, who looks like a botox victim, killed everyone...I mean she really made all those that followed look like Karaoke. She's also the only one paying attention to what the judges tell her, hence the lack of silly banter.

She'll probably slay most of the other lame-ass girls. Or so my cat has told me because I'd never watch this show.

aaaH! I missed it, h! But i caught the start of amazing race 7! ! Go JUGGY BLONDES! or rob and amber i guess- who can resist them!?!.. I guess tonight is the vote off idol show, eh.. always the most entertaining of the week.. Seacrest may be the biggest douche on television, but he sure knows how to torture the hopefuls during elimination.. magical punishment created for our entertainment.

booche, what in hell are you talking about?! You dont like american idol?! I thought it was just live music you didnt like to watch on weeknights... :: ;)

SEACREST OUT!

ah, i have satellite i caught them both a couple of times on and off all evening :)

I actually didnt see all the performers and only saw the end of the girl in red. She was definitely belting. She's like 16 eh?

Amazing race - i liked when the boys let the girls cut in line to the parking lot.

geeks are smart.

I've certainly known some seriously dumb geeks; which is extra-pathetic. I think that being a geek is more of an attitude than a sign of intelligence.

For instance:

"Man, were you at that Star Trek Convention yesterday? I almost had to miss it, because there was a Transformers Marathon on TV all day; but I managed to watch the whole thing and still make it to the convention!"

Clearly a geek. Intelligent? Unlikely.