Jambands.ca

Awake? Listen to The Attic

TheGoodRev

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurray, it works! And to add just that right twist of the weird, the minute I tune in, what do I hear but my name (glad to know you enjoyed that CD - those BC instrumentals stagger the mind) - how surreal! You guys have a great show going. Paisley's right - works very nicely with the sunshine.

So hey, Hamilton folks, wish I could see you all tonight, but it's Deb's turn to have fun while I watch the kids. Please see to it that someone tips (or otherwise consumes) a few for me in absentia. And dances a bunch.

Thanks for tuning in y'all! I was a little tired this morning, usually Capt. Isaac is on with me so there's more conversation and good times. Happy to have played a good selection of music this morning though, and a brief interview with Chris and Craig from Whitey and the Caucasians about their CD release tonight at the Phoenix on campus at Mac.

Kooky you crazy Canuck, when are you moving to Hamilton?? You can tune in on an old-fashioned radio then.

As for timeslot for the summer, nothing is in stone yet, but I am looking at keeping two Fridays a month and then moving into Kenny's slot on Tuesday nights permanently. I've got some pretty big shoes to fill, I know, but I'll keep the spirit of the show. Again, nothing concrete, but I'll update in this thread once I know.

Cheers everybody

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpity-bump

http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca

I must say, I've constructed quite the playlist so far this morning. Crudely copied-and-pasted from the database, artist-album-song, first song at the end:

Jimi Hendrix & Band of Gypsies - At Fillmore East (special edition) - Hear My Train a-Comin'

North Mississippi Allstars - Shake Hands with Shorty - Drop Down Mama

Grateful Dead - Workingmans Dead - Dire Wolf

Mississippi John Hurt - Legend - Monday Morning Blues

The Beatles - Let It Be...Naked - Two of Us

Neil Young - Harvest Moon - From Hank to Hendrix

Brothers Creeggan - Sleepyhead - You Will Be Adored

Paul Simon - Graceland - Crazy Love, Vol 2

Peter Green - In the Skies - Slabo Day

...and still on for another two hours plus! Tune in!

• 1 month later...

HA! I don't even remember posting that picture.

Seriously, though, bump. There will be some good shit tomorrow (as there is every week; shit, I choose the music). Just finished a quick comb through the vinyl, planning to spin cuts from Tull's Aqualung, CCR's Cosmo's Factory, Sabbath's Paranoid, can't decide on a Beatles record yet so I'll bring 5, thinking about Childhood's End from Floyd's Obscured by Clouds, and a whack of new music too. Tomorrow morning, seven to nine.

Listen Live