Jambands.ca

TRAILER PARK BOYS discussion thread

StoneMtn

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a suck blizzard... The plot made no sense whatsoever, the only time I laughed was when Lahey stumbled into the flags at the very end. Boo. I think TPB has run it's course... You can only watch the same rehashed lines over and over again for so long...

THats what i thought.. If i was that Fat comic book Guy from the simsons id say "WORST EPISODE EVER"

And ya man When lahey was on the stage And triped That was Classic..

I missed the very very start i don't know what happen to that Trailer. But i was thinking i was Close on "Is cyrus and his gang Going to blow the trailor park up"

Lahey Recked the last episode Thats who to blain..Him and his sh!t puppets

hes screwed next year.. He's lucky he is on rickys side... for that atempt to CPR..lmao

A little too much gun play for me. They must of played around 50 round of amo, yet only cory and trevor got hit and they were on the roof of a trailer. Is Randy and Lahey supposed to be gay lovers? I guess that never crossed my mind although I did notice the sexy calls and the deodorant.

It was an in between episode for me. Not the best i've seen and not the worse i've seen.

Highlights for me:

* The "artwork" of Cyrus riding the big cock.

* Ricky having a heart attack and pulling out the bag of dirty butts from the park.

Lowlights for me.

* Didn't tie up the loose ends. Where was Ray in jail? Why wasn't Ricky in the same cell as his dad?

* Where in the fuck is Bubbles' go-cart?

P.S. With only Cory and Trevor getting shot still adds up to more people hit then on the A-Team.

"Ok Mr. Lahey, I've finished the COCK!"

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Is Randy and Lahey supposed to be gay lovers?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAA

fucking cory and trevor...I almost cried when bubbles was crying...and WTF did ricky say over and over again in jail..."to be for" was it?

Edited by Guest

It could have been better.

I love most of the general points that came out of this though:

- J-Roc true to form as the most reliable guy in the park, breaks out of jail (along with Tyrone) to warn Julian and Ricky about Cyrus; awesome

- Julian smoothes things over with Cyrus so it looks like a united front against Randy and Lahey; awesome

- -Ricky screws it all up by giving garbled directions to Cory and Trevor causing a crazy gun-fight, plot-twists back; awesome.

- rubberdinghy and Booche were correct about Ricky's heart attack, but being Ricky he actually died, for quite a while, and then back to life after Lahey performs CPR; double awesome.

- it appears Lassie was right, and Ray stayed in jail - too bad for Ray but certainly leaving the plot open for him to emerge from jail next year really pissed off at everybody; awesome.

- I'd like to know where J-Roc and T ran off to, being too cool to "play guns"

Overall, not my favourite season finale, but a good episode.

Too bad it's over for another year (although apparently good news for Del)...

sad-smiley-008.gif

Didn't he say something more like, "I'm not sure how long the Boys'll be in jail this time"? I'd really hate to think we have to wait longer than ten more months for the next season!

Also, I forgot to mention above:

Ricky is my hero for taking the fall and going to jail for Bubbles; because, as Bubbles put it, "Ricky knows I don't like jail".

• 5 months later...

Check out what I'm going to this Sunday!!! punk-01.png

Trailer trash lands at Boot

Slated for Punk Night with SideSixtySeven

Published Date: 2005-12-01 Time: 11:14:14

By Nicole Fitzgerald

What: Trailer Park Boys & SideSixtySeven

When: Sunday, Dec. 4

Where: Boot Pub

Tickets: $20

When Ian Roberts of punk band SideSixtySeven, learned he would share the stage with the Trailer Park Boys, Sunday at the Boot Pub – and with Randy and Mr. Lahey no less – his first thought was excitement, followed by fear.

"They are the two craziest of the bunch," Roberts said. "I can’t imagine what is going to happen. What are they going to do to us? I’m going to bring cheeseburgers."

The Trailer Park Boys have become Canadian icons. Their Showcase hit talks about the lives of three Nova Scotia petty criminals, captured in a sort of pseudo-documentary style. However, unlike most shows, whose audiences tune in to see how the plot turns out, the characters are the stars of this show.

Comedians Patrick Roach, better known as Randy, and John Dunsworth, as Mr. Lahey, will join forces for the comedy stand-up act in Whistler, bringing the dysfunctional characters, loved by millions of devoted viewers, to life.

Expect the usual gutter-mouth banter of Lahey’s shit this and shit that antics along with Randy’s love of fast cars, talking dirty and living on the edge of the law.

Roberts said the show’s characters are all too real for life.

"I had a friend that grew up on the other side of the smoke stacks and he said it was very accurate: he knew Rickies (another Trailer Park Boys character) all his life," Roberts recounted. "They were all looking to get rich quick and in an out of jail. It is hard to tell whether it is scripted or not. Kind of like our shows: spontaneous, live and exciting."

Vancouver’s SideSixtySeven expanded from a local following to an international stage after joining the 2004 Vans Warped Tour and then featuring their music on the 2005 Beyond Warped Series album.

"They have major distribution North America and worldwide," he said of the album. "There is the view if our music is good enough for them, then it is good enough for kids at the mall."

The band is still rolling along with this year’s success after opening for Bad Religion at the Commodore in Vancouver last month.

The band has also played with The Causalities, Supersuckers, A.F.I., Good Riddance, Death By Stereo, Savannah, Guttermouth, Fishbone, GOB, D.O.A. and Ten Foot Pole, just to name a few.

The secret of their success? Creating loud, fast music with lyrics that show a social conscience and a lot of hard work.

"We keep everything internal. We have our own record label, put ourselves on tour, work with other bands and are establishing a new record label in the New Year with a bunch of Canadian bands," he said. "You don’t need a label because you basically are."

Loud, off the cuff and Canadian, The Trailer Park Boys and SideSixtySeven are the perfect fit for Whistler’s only Punk Night every Sunday at the Boot. SideSixtySeven will also be joined by punk band Rebel Spell. Tickets are $20.

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/pique/index.php?cat=C_Entertainment&content=Trailer+Park+Boys+1248

my friend just sent pics of her and Randy and Mr Lahey when they did a little appearance in Hali...the pics are hilarious. Pics with both and then individually one of her and mr lahey with his arm around her his eyes are half closed and he truley looks half cut. hehehe...

Last time I was in Halifax Lucy was out at the bar I was at, just another night out on the town.

So true what he says too I grew up in NS, I knew the Rickies and Julien's, the lahey's and the corey's and trevors of the neighborhood but I guess they're everywhere not just in NS.

I've been listening to "SideSixtySeven" to see what I'm in for. They seem like pretty stereotypical punk/hardcore. I imagine "Rebel Spell" is similar.

Since Randy and Lahey are hosting, though, I think I'm going to have to be there from 9:00 on. It's been a long time since I've had a serious evening of live punk-rock (unless you count GWAR, which I don't).

I think I may be getting too old for this... :crazy:

punk.gif

I just met Mr. Lahey and [color:purple]I'm all giddy!!!

He kissed my fiancee! He's also a really nice guy, who's really socially conscious, and had plenty of time to hang out and talk to me.

It was awesome!

(My ears are still ringing from some serious punk-rock, too. It was really fun re-living my youthful punk-rock days. Oh ya, I also think I'm now in love with the guitarist from Rebel Spell.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

SUNDAY APRIL 16TH 9:00PM SEASON SIX!!!!

In Season Six, the Sunnyvale denizens are up to their usual hijinks. The boys have got plenty up their sleeves this season—including a guest appearance by Maury Chaykin. Over the course of Season Six, Bubbles decides to open a legitimate business doing what he loves best—taking care of cats—with an impressive feline dream vacation area and theme park called “Kittylandâ€; Julian attempts to get into the real estate business; and Ricky’s ability to be a good father is challenged by a chicken.

Is he running it out of his shed? I kinda hope that Bubbles can get out of the park to better himself--cuz he's a good egg. But, alas, he loves those goofy fucks, he'll probably stay. You can get the boy out of the Trailer Park...you know the rest.

Let the shit storm commence...

Hey--has anyone watched that show -my name is Earl? Is this some kind of Hollywood ripoff of our Boys? I watched a scene or two once and it's too scripted, so to speak--lacks the realism--our Boys are so gross that you really beleive it --or maybe it's just me.

Bring back the Hashway!!!

I've never seen "My Name is Earl", but I've heard from an American friend that she and other Americans believe that TPB was copied exactly from some BBC show called "Little Britain". Apparently there's a very Bubbles-esque character in that show, too.

(I don't believe it's true, considering that Mike Smith was the sound tech on the TPB set, originally, when he started acting out his "Cart Boy" character during a coffee break, causing Mike Clattenburg to insist that he join the cast to do that character. Eventually Cart Boy's cat's name, "Bubbles", became the name for the character himself.)

Anyway, has anyone ever seen "Little Britain" or heard that people claim TPB is a ripoff thereof?

I've heard from an American friend that she and other Americans believe that TPB was copied exactly from some BBC show called "Little Britain". Apparently there's a very Bubbles-esque character in that show, too.

"Little Britain" is more of a sketch comedy show, though from show to show there are recurring characters. It airs (on the weekends, I think) on Showcase.

Aloha,

Brad