Jambands.ca

TRAILER PARK BOYS discussion thread

StoneMtn

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over-all I was disappointed.

The recycled jokes! My lord. I felt like I was re-watching NBC's pilot of The Office. This may have been rushed. The main positive is Rickey. An all-star performance even if he is sometimes reduced to using jokes/lines from the tv series.

At least we have found our new movie-going-experience time slot. 5pmish, Tuesdays. 8.95 gets you the flick, popcorn and a drink. Wicked.

Edit to add: Bubbles gave the camera some fantastic looks.

I was overall fairly pleased with the flick, it was what i thought it was going to be, a longer version of an episode. Bubbles and Rick stole the show and there are definitely some classic scenes!! I'll have to agree with Bouche on the recycled humour though they need some new gags for damn sure.

• 5 months later...

First episode gets a huge MEH for this long time fan. This show is going more and more downhill in my opinion as more money pours in.

It's lost it's charm from the first couple of seasons, it's far too polished now and the writing is definitely lacking. I'm hoping it turns around but i'm quickly losing interest.

yeah, had my eyes rollin a few times last night over predictable things and just bad writing... hopefully everyone is a little rusty and need to sleep off their money hungover... hope that success doesn't kill the quality

have to say though that I laughed out loud when Julian burned out of the parkin lot with smokin tires... really cheesy, but enough so that it was pretty funnny

I dont know what to say but I wanted to enjoy it far more than I did. Did they lose the original premise? It just doesnt feel like the mockumentary it once did.

Adding to Howlers point, it may simply have been the movie that has really turned me off. Recycled schlop.

didn't entirely not like it... just felt it was spotty... on and off... I'd be into it then all of a sudden blurt "oh... come on."

haven't written it off by any means... if they don't sharpen up I may have to write the producers a stern note of reprimand

I've got my fingers crossed; I like the course of evolution the show seems to be on, though - esp. Lahey turning from being a drunk to a pothead. That has all sorts of potential to bring other kinds of issues into play.

Agreed, though - meh on the movie. There's a great documentary of it around, though, which has redeemed it for me.

totally agree heather, I went into it knowing full well that they would play it out towards an oblivious audience...they reused a few jokes but I enjoyed it all around.

The new episode was OK...a bit 'meh. It feels wierd though, season 6 wrapped up all the loose ends...so watching last night's episode gave me a wierd vibe. I'm confidant the new season will develop into something good.