Jambands.ca

I'm going to Coachella!

AD

After some sweet talking and severe shortening-of-trip, my boss has relented and let me go to Southern California next weekend for COACHELLA!! I am so excited! Got my plane tickets, concert tickets, camping tickets and rental car this morning.... SOOOO Pumped!

Check out the artist list... (There are heavy rumours that Beck, White Stripes, and David Byrne are going to be added as well)

Saturday

Coldplay

Bauhaus

Weezer

The Chemical Brothers

Wilco

Keane

Snow Patrol

Rilo Kiley

Cafe Tacuba

Doves

Sage Francis

The Raveonettes

Bloc Party

Mercury Rev

Fantomas

Hernan Cattaneo

Spoon

Zap Mama

Dj Peretz

Jamie Cullum

M83

Ambulance LTD

Four Tet

MF Doom

Josh Wink

Amp Fiddler

Tiga

The Kills

UNKLE - James Lavelle

The Secret Machines

Boom Bip

Swayzak

Dj Marky

Immortal Technique

Jean Grae

Razorlight

Katie Melua

Radio 4

Buck 65

Nic Armstrong And The Thieves

Gratitude

Eisley

The Sexy Magazines

k-os

Sunday

Nine Inch Nails

New Order

Bright Eyes

Gang of Four

The Prodigy

Black Star

The Faint

Roni Size with Dynamite MC

Armin Van Buuren

The Arcade Fire

Pinback

Roots Manuva

Dj Krush

Z-Trip

Thrice

Junkie XL

M.I.A.

British Sea Power

The Dresden Dolls

Miss Kittin

The Fiery Furnaces

Ben Watt

Aesop Rock

The Perceptionists

Jem

Autolux

Donavon Frankenreiter

Sixtoo

Tegan and Sara

Stereophonics

The Bravery

Matthew Dear

Diplo

Subtle

Beans

Shout Out Louds

The Futureheads

Sloan

Kasabian

The Blood Brothers

Matmos

Wolf Eyes

The Locust

Gram Rabbit

Smokestacks

Zion l

Midlake

610.jpg

Palm trees, mountains, and Nine Inch Nails. What a weekend it will be.

AD

I knew that New Order was back, but Bauhaus has started up again? Does anybody know if this is a one-off gig for them, or are they back a functioning/ongoing concern?

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. Congratulations on getting permission! And I express amazement at your ability to get the logistics sorted out in such a quick manner. Would that I were capable of such a thing...

Edited by Guest
Added congrats postscript.

I knew that New Order was back, but Bauhaus has started up again? Does anybody know if this is a one-off gig for them, or are they back a functioning/ongoing concern?

Bauhaus, I don't know if they're touring or not. But GANG OF FOUR is back!! They're doing a short US tour after Coachella with a May 14 stop in Toronto...

I will maybe take lots of pics and write a review for jambands.ca.... (if that is OK with Bouche)

AD

Edited by Guest
Editing is what makes the world go round. I wonder how long my reason for editing can be? What is the secret? I won 1600 bonus Petro-Points this afternoon, that was exciting. Not really doing much at work today. Anyone got good jokes? Limit reached.

See if Tegan and Sara can sign your tits... :P

~W

I would like them to sign my rash!

I saw Tegan and Sara last year at Folk on the Rocks in Yellowknife.

This was the most irritating act I have seen in a while ... possibly ever. I'd seen them before and it wasn't this annoying, but this is how it went for me.

They played up this we're sisters so we'll bicker for about 5 minutes between each song thing. Seriously stupid anecdotes about what its like to be a twin and other fascinating things like musicians meeting a lot of people and not being able to remember names and how Tegan or Sara was a knob for some inane family reason blahdy blahdy ahhhhhhh ....... Fun like thorns and vinegar.

The not-so-witty banter comprised about 30% of their set.

They stopped a tune about 1:45mins in when they realized one of them didn't realize what the funk they were doing?

Has anyone else been through this with them?

Deeps

}:(

Guest Low Roller

Holy crap on a stick! There is tons of acts on that bill that I would travel to see, and you get them all at once! M83, Four Tet, Sixtoo, The Bravery, Stereophonics, The Prodigy, Cafe Tacuba, Keane, etc...

BOOTLEG EVERYTHING!

There are a lot of interesting bands this year, and plenty of bands that I personally hate. Still, this is a diverse line-up and would be well worth checking out. Don't miss The Kills: 2-piece blues-based punk outfit with a female lead singer named W, who is often compared to PJ Harvey.

The Stereophonics are an excellent power-pop band - I think I'll go to their T.O. show in May. The Blood Brothers are intense as hell and a buzz band that won't go away are Canada's Arcade Fire. The Doves and Snow Patrol plus K-OS and Wilco make for a great first day.

My fiance tempted me to go last year due to The Pixies, International Noise Conspiracy and Radiohead etc...

Enjoy!

Edited by Guest