Jambands.ca

CASBAH LISTINGS, All Updated!!!

whiteymuseum

The newly updated listings...

CASBAH (& Casbah Lounge)

**Live Bands, DJs, Desserts, Coffee, After-work cocktails & good vibes**

306 King St W @ Queen

downtown Hamilton, Ontario

Su May 1 - GREG MacPHERSON BAND CD Release (political-rock)

We May 4 - "ECLECTRICITY" VARIETY NIGHT (weekly Wednesdays in the Lounge) :: this wk features: COLLAPSING OPPOSITES & KNOW YOU GOT SOUL

Th May 5 - BILL CULP, JOE FOURNIER, STEVE KETCHEN (alt-country/psych-folk)

Fr May 6 - A TRIBUTE TO GRAM PARSONS Featuring 30 Of Hamilton's Finest

Sa May 7 - MATT POND PA/HEAD OF FEMUR (indie rock)

Su May 8 - WAYNE OMAHA/SELINA MARTIN (alt-country/indie rock)

Mo May 9 - THE LONDON APARTMENTS (ambient-dub-rock)

Tu May 10 - OLD RELIABLE/THE SWIFTYS (dark murder country) :: 7:30PM Early Show

We May 11 - "ECLECTRICITY" VARIETY NIGHT (weekly Wednesdays in the Lounge) :: this wk features: SONGAOKE, MATTHEW DeZOETE

We May 11 - JIMMY SWIFT BAND & SLIM MATINEE

Fr May 13 - SMF SONGWRITER's SHOWCASE

Sa May 14 - ALIVE & LIVING CD Release/WINTERSLEEP (indie rock)

Su May 15 - JON-RAE & THE RIVER/SINGING SAW SYMPHONY/POLMO POLPO

We May 18 - "ECLECTRICITY" VARIETY NIGHT (weekly Wednesdays in the Lounge) :: this wk features: THOMAS & THE EVIL COMPUTER, RATSICULE

We May 18 - FIELDGUIDE TO WORDS & MUSIC (pop-rock) :: Free Admission

Th May 19 - TALA & guests (jam-funk)

Fr May 20 - MAHOGANY FROG/TEXAS GOLD/MUFFLED SUITCASE (progressive rock)

Sa May 21 - FLATTSTREET & THE ESCAPEGOATS **CD Release** (Jazz-Indie-Rock)

We May 25 - JEREMY FISHER BAND/NATHAN WILEY (singer-songwriter/alt-country)

Th May 26 - FAT ELLIS (Southern US funk)

Fr May 27 - ROBYN HITCHCOCK & HIS SADIES!!! (Tickets Available)

Sa May 28 - RHEOSTATICS & guests

Su May 29 - COOL AS fu©k ZINE LAUNCH (8 Bands, DJs, Food, Drinks, Dancing)

We Jun 1 - "ECLECTRICITY" VARIETY NIGHT (weekly Wednesdays in the Lounge) :: this wk features: MIKE PETKAU & guests

Th Jun 2 - THE ACOUSTICATS & guests

Fr Jun 3 - DANNY MICHEL/TOMI SWICK

Sa Jun 4 - MATT YORK CD Release (singer-songwriters) :: 7:30PM Early Show

Sa Jun 4 - BURT NEILSON BAND :: 10:30PM Late Show

Su Jun 5 - DELUSIONAL **CD Release** (British-style pop-rock)

Tu Jun 7 - FROM FICTION/UNCUT/SYLVIE (indie-rock)

We Jun 8 - "ECLECTRICITY" VARIETY NIGHT (weekly Wednesdays in the Lounge) :: this wk features: CORWIN FOX, DRESKIN TREVLON

We Jun 8 - WAYNE PETTI (Cuff The Duke) + ANDY MAGOFFIN (Two-Minute Miracles) + CHRIS BELL (Alive & Living)

Fr Jun 10 - CARIBOU/JUNIOR BOYS (avant-rock) :: Tickets On Sale Now

Sa Jun 11 - JAYNE BRAY n JAZZ DOGZ **CD Release** :: 7:30PM Early Show

Sa Jun 11 - MR.FALCON, DOWN BOY (ex-Soul Virgins) :: 10:30PM Late Show

Th Jun 16 - MARY & THE MANTRA (ex-The Misunderstood) + LISA WINN (folk/funk/singer-songwriter)

Fr Jun 17 - WASSABI COLLECTIVE

Sa Jun 18 - PETER ELKAS BAND & guests (pop-rock)

Mo Jun 20 - CHRISTINE FELLOWS/JOHN K SAMSON (of the Weakerthans)

We Jun 22 - JULIE DOIRON/SNAILHOUSE

Fr Jun 24 - THE INFINITE MACHINE CD Release (alt-rock)

Sa Jun 25 - L.A.M.F. A Tribute to Johnny Thunders & The NY Dolls

Su Jun 26 - TORNGAT (members of Arcade Fire/Belle Orchestre) (indie rock)

Fr Jul 8 - CORB LUND BAND (ex-The Smalls)

Sa Jul 9 - FAT CATS :: 10:30PM Late Show

Tu Jul 19 - GENERAL RUDIE (Ska! Ska!)

Fr Jul 22 - FINAL FANTASY (Owen of The Arcade Fire) + BARMITZVAH BROTHERS (indie-rock)

Sa Jul 30 - THE RIDE THEORY **CD Release**

Su Aug 1 - CHRIS BROWN & KATE FENNER (Advance Tickets Soon)

LOUNGE:

Mondays :: Closed

Tuesdays :: THE K-WAY RETRO NIGHT

Wednesdays :: "ECLECTRICITY" VARIETY NIGHT

Thursdays :: SHAME CLUB ROCKABILLY

Fridays :: THEME NIGHTS

Saturdays :: CIRCADELIC SOUL NIGHTS

Sundays :: THEME NIGHTS

Upcoming Theme Nights in the Lounge...

Su May 1 - WORKER'S UNION SOCIAL with DJ Hamilton Kid (of Sam Lawrence 5)

Fr May 6 - DJ PERSONAS NEGRAS (indie-soul-funk-garage)

Sa May 7 - BROKEN CHAMELEON (Nina Simone & Al Green meet Lou Barlow & Calvin Johnson)

Sa May 14 - DJ CUTHOWYALIKE (disco-afro-disco)

Sa May 21 - DJ HURTSACK (Forbidden Dingers from the Jazz-Roots & Beyond)

Fr Jun 17 - WASSABI COLLECTIVE

Sa Jun 18 - PETER ELKAS BAND & guests (pop-rock)

:DI'm in for this weekend for sure! Wassabi was awesome the last time I saw them in the Tdot (although my opinion may be bias based on the amount of experience enhancing goodness I ingested that night). ;)

Pete just knocked my socks off last week in London. I can't wait to see him again (and backed by a full band no less). His album is so beautiful. It'll break your heart...if you're into that kind of thing.

I love Pepperjacks (obviously) but am looking forward to seeing Jimmy Swift on the Casbah stage May 11... think their show will work really well in that room

hoping we'll be able to drag some of the Casbah regulars who're pretty tough to get over to PJC from the "Eclectricity" show (great looking show too) in the lounge up 6 steps to check out the rockin boys from the east

Robyn Hitchcock fractured his ankle last week, so what is happening with his show on the 27th? Will the Sadies and Elevator play anyway?

Maybe he'll play from a wheelchair, a la John Popper? :grin:

Really, though - is this on or off? I was looking forward to seeing this if I could get the night off work.

I love Pepperjacks (obviously) but am looking forward to seeing Jimmy Swift on the Casbah stage May 11... think their show will work really well in that room

hoping we'll be able to drag some of the Casbah regulars who're pretty tough to get over to PJC from the "Eclectricity" show (great looking show too) in the lounge up 6 steps to check out the rockin boys from the east

Its too bad that the date for Ratiscule to play over in the lounge got changed from the same night as JSB to the following week eh.

As of right now, Robyn Hitchcock has not postponed or cancelled. I've spoken with their agent and although Robyn is injured, they have not concluded the shows can't happen. They've instructed me not to announce a cancellation because the show is still a go presently.

Its too bad that the date for Ratiscule to play over in the lounge got changed from the same night as JSB to the following week eh.

think these girls are dodgin us KevO, we may have to resort to exercise and musky colognes after all...

Just confirmed to DJ in the Casbah Lounge on May 13th is "THE BLUE MOLE", Bruce Mowat (former Hamilton Spectator Music Editor), spinning 60's retro novelty tunes. It's a smoking jacket kind of vibe. Might be a nice "pre-party" spot with the $3.00 drinks before heading over to PJC for Grand Theft Bus & Slowcoaster...

Don't take this the wrong way Broadie but as soon as that room becomes non-smoking (I figure there's a law coming down sometime) I'll be spending a lot more time there. It's only about 100m from my house. I've visited a few times but as a non-smoker the sheer density of second-hand smoke is quite crippling. I love the space and the cheap drinks!

Don't take this the wrong way Broadie but as soon as that room becomes non-smoking (I figure there's a law coming down sometime) I'll be spending a lot more time there. It's only about 100m from my house. I've visited a few times but as a non-smoker the sheer density of second-hand smoke is quite crippling. I love the space and the cheap drinks!

Hey \/\/illy,

I am pretty much on the same page as you, believe it or not. I am not a smoker. Never have been. (Don't hold that against me, most of you ;) )

But to be honest, the revenue we gain from the lounge being the way it is, is just too hard to turn away. When the gov't steps in to change matters I will be just as happy though.

In the meantime, some advice for you folks not liking the smoke, from when we open at 4:30pm until about 9pm there just isnt enough smoke going on to be bothered by it. I'm there everyday during those hours drinking coffee or juice and tapping away on my laptop.