Jambands.ca

This Should be Good (Stephen Colbert )

Ms.Huxtable

If the Comedy Network in Canada picks up the show and hopefully cancels that awful Elvira Kurt mess, then it won't matter that Colbert won't be on the Daily Show as much. It will mean that we'll get Colbert for 4 nights a week.

Cordury, Bee, Black, Helms, that new dude and Stewart will do just fine.

Should be interesting. I love the daily show, but never think to watch it. Colbert is a funny dude.

Less happy news: production has stopped on the Chapelle show (confirmed). Word on the street is "nervous breakdown, bitch!", but I'd be pretty surprised if that was true. All CC is saying is that production has stopped but that they hope to be able to resume it sometime soon.

No kidding their making "The Colbert Report" into its own show?!? Definetly one of the all time best skits on the Daily show (next to "This Week in God" of course) Can't wait to see the full length version.

Correspondents ranked in order of Gretntess

1. Steven Colbert (tie)

1. Rob Coudury (tie)

3. Lewis Black

4. Ed Helms

5. Bob Whitfong

6. Samantha Bee (still hasn't grow on me, love the fact she's Canadian, love the fact she usually says the most disturbing things I've ever heard...still, not funny enough.

Special Mention: Mo Rocca and of course the best correspondent of all time Steve Carrell

Edited by Guest

This is great news and he deserves all the success in the world.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I think I recently saw Mr. Colbert doing a Canadian Jiffy Lube commercial.

On a somewhat unrelated/related note my local video store has a Lewis Black DVD I've been meaning to rent. I think it's stand up comedy and I'm interested to hear what he has to say in a totally uncensored format.

This is great news and he deserves all the success in the world.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I think I recently saw Mr. Colbert doing a Canadian Jiffy Lube commercial.

On a somewhat unrelated/related note my local video store has a Lewis Black DVD I've been meaning to rent. I think it's stand up comedy and I'm interested to hear what he has to say in a totally uncensored format.

I believe that was just a regular Jiffy Lube commercial - intended for both the US and Canada.

Lewis Black is the best socio-political comic going these days. I'm sure that DVD is newish, but if it's from the early days of Lewis Black, I'd avoid it. Lewis had a comic epiphany a number of years ago and now doesn't resemble the nice, plain comic he once was.

This show looks like it has a lot of promise... And I for one think Samantha Bee is brilliant. The real disappointing part of the story is that D.L. Hughley is getting another show. That guy is just not funny. At all.

He's great but Samantha is equally good.

I've been catching up on the last season of Curb your Enthusiasm, where Larry is starring in Mel Brooks' The Producers. Colbert has a few moments as a tourist who freaks out on his wife, gets mad at Larry and curses him before his performance.

Broke my TV fast last night with a Daily Show. Worth waiting for, though, with Tom Ridge being the day's guest. Stewart is so good at letting his guests show themselves for what they are.

I am very impressed with the way he handles people that he probably can't stand on his show. I'd like to see him interview Bush or the dick from Crossfire on his show.

Hey Rob not Bob,

Is Bee her maiden name?

Cause in John Stewart's book she mentions her Grandmother from Chesley.

Chesley is my home town and we were trying to figure out who her grandmother is?

My town only has 1800 people in it, so it shouldn't be that big of a puzzle.

Just curious if you knew her maiden name.

Her name is in fact Bee ... I never quite cottoned onto the fact that she was someone I knew in University until another classmate mentioned it to me, at which point I exclaimed "Wait a minute, you mean Samantha Bee is *Sam* Bee?" I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, sometimes ...