Jambands.ca

Last minute dash to CTMF from Ottawa - passengers?

Hux

So, my weekend and summer plans basically hang in the balance of the big Budget vote this Thursday!!

If the Budget passes it's a green light for me to hit the road for CTMF hopefully Friday earlier in the day, if not, I'll be getting ready to head out west for the election.

I did speak to some people (Chris, Rosie) about taking passengers with me, I'm likely giving them dibs, but if anyone else is into a last minute dash to CTMF, I likely won't know till Thursday around 6 if it's a go, but drop me a line, I prefer to have some passengers!

Hope you make it out Huxxy - I probably won't see you as I'm going to be at my beachfront cottage this weekend as i'm planning a move and only have so much time to spend with my folks and to be on the lake. it's only 3 hours away from waterford though so i might see you there. who knows.

Best of luck. i wish i were there but in the same breath, i don't mind chillin out at the lake.

Edited by Guest
Mike Hunt might drive to merrickville and try to stick his dick in my eye as it's cheaper than a flight to Halifax

and the country doesn't go to the lunatics.

The electorate?? We're lunatics?

AD

Only most of us, thankfully. Oh, wait, that's the problem! Sorry, I only meant Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.

How does that bumper sticker go? "Don't vote, it only encourages them" ;)

Unfortunately, we the electorate do seem to be a pack of vindictive bastards with no long term memory and precious little compassion for our fellow creatures. That's why Harper's trying so hard to grab this bull by the horns: he knows that we like to be mean, and he does too.

There's my cynical thought for the day. Well, ok, one of them. That said, I've still got my fingers crossed for Thursday.

It appears the Dr. knows the Canadian electorate pretty well!

So now it looks like I'll be in the air, or in BC when I find out the results of Thursday's vote, and will either stay out there for the election (should we lose) or turn around and come back - then drive to CTMF (if we win!)

As for Mr. Hunt, I'd just like to remind him that "anynomous" ain't so "anynomous" if the people you are slagging, oh...happen to be really good friends with...oh...the moderators, who can, let's see....oh yeah - find out who it is in um....oh, about 2 seconds...so ya know, just keep that in mind.

"As for Mr. Hunt, I'd just like to remind him that "anynomous" ain't so "anynomous" if the people you are slagging, oh...happen to be really good friends with...oh...the moderators, who can, let's see....oh yeah - find out who it is in um....oh, about 2 seconds...so ya know, just keep that in mind."

and if that doesnt work he'll run and tell his mom.

wow... now that's a true asshole... second alias or not... i'm gonna see how this ignore feature works... congrats' date=' i dont even have lazlo on ignore.

asshole.[/quote']

Awww...That's sweet.

dont go gettin' all mushy on me now... i dont wanna have to un-ignore him. i only have room for one asshole, and you're it. so keep up the good work, big guy! ;)

well i think that Canadians lack a medium term memory. Most of th eboomer generation won't vite NDP because of all of the union issues in the past...like when the unionization of Canada's labour drove business to shut down operations across the country...people don't like the left because big business (which employs a lot of people) don't like to pay out fairly.

that being said, I feel that unions can be a big waste of time and money until you actually need to get backed up...it's like a form of labour insurance really...

in any event, I'm not officially affiliated. if it's a 'vote against' strategy then I vote differently than if it's an election where I feel free to vote as I feel...but it all depends on the current party platform and the candidates in my riding.

that being said, this is likely going to be a 'vote against' election for me. I need to do what I feel my part is - however, I might flip flop and it could be another difficult decision.