Jambands.ca

Stronach Joins Liberals

ollie

I called Broadbent's office and got some tickets to the vote tomorrow at 5:30. According to the receptionist the whole thing is going to be like Dead tour '93, with a lot scene, crazy outfits and veggie burritos*

*She didn't actually say this

**I actually did get tickets and was told to be there at 3:30 if I wanted a seat...it's still first-come, first-serve

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, switching parties is generally something that can only be done once...

I couldn't agree more. I once switched parties at around 2 am, but then wanted to switch back, and by that time I couldn't even see straight to find my way back...

They do say power is intoxicating. The political high can get nauseating, too.

I'm avoiding the news today. I wonder how this is all turning out.

Guest Low Roller
I called Broadbent's office and got some tickets to the vote tomorrow at 5:30. According to the receptionist the whole thing is going to be like Dead tour '93, with a lot scene, crazy outfits and veggie burritos*

*She didn't actually say this

**I actually did get tickets and was told to be there at 3:30 if I wanted a seat...it's still first-come, first-serve

That's pretty awesome. You should try to sneak in some stealth mics and tape it and then torrent it! Woo Hoo!

The vote will be broadcast live on TV all over, but considering where you are Roller www.cpac.ca is likely your only option.

Ahess - you might want to consider getting there early, we gave some gallery passes to some constituents and they are already in the House waiting for the vote at 5:45 tonight. It's first come - first served for gallery passes, they're not a guaranteed seat, and considering this is the most noteworthy vote in the House since 1979 -I'd get there real early!

I for one hope that we don't go to an election at this point, and I will be ecstatic if the NDP budget provisions get passed! This is pretty intense.

re: 3 line whip system -- So the bill for the original budget is a 1st line vote. Is Bill C-43 (the NDP amendments) a 1st line vote as well?

re: Stronach's switch up -- I wonder how her constituents feel about suddenly having a liberal MP. It would be interesting to hear the general reaction from her riding. It would also be interesting to see how the votes added up in her riding when she became MP.

Yo,

I only hope all of this helps the government of Canada to be a more honest system. I think all the parties will be keeping a closer eye on themselves. Nobody wants to go through what this Liberal governement has been dealing with..

I also realize that regardless of how angry I was that this is a great outcome. It's a little backward in a number of ways, but if it'll keep the squares away from the cockpit then we're laughing.

And with the promise of an election after the Gomery inquiry there'll still be some accountability.

Jesus I want the NDP to be stronger than they are. I guess they've made some steps in that direction, but still have a way to go.

The election after the Gomery inquiry should be very interesting.

Deeps

I be learnin a lot about politickin and such cuzz this here board. Jeez if I had a relative in gub-ment I could get myself in there and legalize evra-ting.