Jambands.ca

Fast Food Innovation Nation

AdamH

Canada has been remarkably immune to these new gluttonous food concepts, but perhaps we'll see Timmy's come up with a super-monster chicken sandwich, or Gargantuan barley stew.

Check out some of these wonderful additions to our favorite chains:

Exhibit A: BK's new Enormous Omelette Sandwich is a two-egg omelette with two slices of cheese, three strips of bacon and a sizzling sausage patty, all on a toasted sesame seed bun:

EnormousOmelet.jpg

Exhibit B: Carl's Jr's six-dollar burger, which contains one pound of beef:

sixdollar.jpg

Exhibit C: Carl's Jr's Breakfast burger...a steadfast competitor to BK although it wins on nutritional completeness (830 calories, 46 grams of fat). The Breakfast Burger is made with a fried egg, bacon, hash brown nuggets, cheese, ketchup, and a hamburger patty, all on a sesame-seed bun.

breakfastburger.jpg

I find myself asking two things: Why on earth are these sandwiches being created, and why does part of me want to eat them?

Lazlo, I thought you were working this one out. the answer is YES, but there IS still time to work on accepting yourself and loving your 'inner asshole' (or is it 'inner douch bag'?) I truly forget.

But that doesn't mean I'm not here as a sympathetic ear.......except, I'm not really available Mondays from 9 am to 7 am, Tuesdays & Thursdays, all day, Wednesdays, from noon - midnite (don't call other times -- I'm sleeping), and fridays and weekends are pretty busy, so I guess dude you're on your own dude. Hope it all works out for you.

(but I've bet $20 bucks that says you're still fucked by the summer, so don't try too hard, k?)

do I really need winky icons????????????

hahahaha!!! I remember back in the day when I was working the McD's drive thru and a customer asked if we still had the green shakes (aka: Shamrock Shake). My co-worker replied with: "no, we only have pink, brown, and white."

So the square eggs don't scare me so much...eggs can be shaped. But square sausage patties??? I guess the round ones are just as unusual...

It's about time we as a country joined the "heart attack meal" craze...

speaking of that - when i was in newark airport this past march, i noticed that there were defibrillators (sp?) all over the place, mounted on the wall.

jeez.

It's about time we as a country joined the "heart attack meal" craze...

speaking of that - when i was in newark airport this past march' date=' i noticed that there were defibrillators (sp?) all over the place, mounted on the wall.

jeez.[/quote']

they are slowly making their way up here too, there's one in our local arena (right across the road from the mcdonalds naturally) so that must mean exhibits a through c are on their way here!

soon we will be as fat and slothful as the lucky people down south :)

I had a hemp waffle for breakfast this morning and it obviously did not do it for me since this thread is making me hungry. Maybe that hemp waffle is giving me the munchies ;) Seems to defeat the purpose of that hempy goodness if I'm craving one of those greasy looking heart-attack specials a couple of hours later.