Jambands.ca

Heady rat update (possible vomit-inducing content)

TheGoodRev

Some of you may remember that I posted on the old board about a rodent infestation we were suffering at my house...can't call up the old thread because the old board is gone, but suffice it to say that one morning there was a corn cob - one that had been in the garbage the night before - wedged halfway underneath the refrigerator. That night we set up the video camera in the kitchen, and 8 minutes after the last person went to bed, here's what we captured:

YouDirtyRat.jpg

Nnnnnngoooo, especially considering those tiles are a good foot long.

Anyway we've had all sorts of pest control assistance, basically everything except fumagation. We've never found any droppings, and never had another sighting or food movement. The pest people laid out lots of poison both inside and out, but we figured that we never actually had a rat living in the house, just coming in through the holes (it's an old house) and eating our garbage when it was particularly desperate.

I went online this morning and my roomate Sean messages me to check out what's on the back porch. I go out there and here's what I find (last warning, this is pretty gross):

Dead rat photo.

Yep, looks like our friend supped at the outdoor bait station, took an unfortunate turn for the worse (health-wise that is), then was likely supped upon by a cat or something, and then kindly left on our back porch for further consumption by all manners of insect and eventual discovery. I especially like the hardened tail. Do I sense a new Lazlo avatar?

Edited by Guest
ollie said the dead rat was gross - i guess it kind of is if you don't watch CSI

I'll take Cunt Ent for 8 hundred dollars Alex.

I hated those stupid talking ancient trees in The Two Towers. I was hoping those gnomes would pull out some axes and taught those assholes a lesson.

Yeah, just give me the money. You dont even have to ask the question.

WhaaaaaaaT?? Huh? jesus...

anyways those rats are Sick man and BIG...hopefully that the endof ur pest problem..fuck i couldnt eben sleep if those big mofo's were around

Gross, indeed. Thanks, there are 4 or 5 more at different angles if you'd like to see them. Roomate Sean informed me that he disposed of the carcass today, in the ravine behind the house. Walking out the front door on the way to work today, though, I could swear I could smell the damn thing out front. Out front is where the outdoor bait station is. Our conclusion: there is another dead one around somewhere. Will keep you all updated.

our washing machine is in the basement, it drains in to the laundry sink. the sink has a sump pump on it to pump the water up to the sewer connection. as our house is very old, we have deer mice in the basement. the deer mice often wind up falling in to the sink. one unfortunate mouse fell in as the washer was draining, and once the water level was high enough the pump kicked on. i sincerely hope that he drowned before getting lodged at the drain as he was, well in sections.

i discovered this when i went to get laundry and noticed that the sink was just about full...figuring that there was lint & crud in the drain, i reached in through the murky water and pulled out a tail and half a mouse! fortunately niffermouse has a higher gross out threshold than me, and she goit a bag on her hand and proceeded to remove sections of mr mouse.

poor bastard...stilll wasn't quite as gross as aaron's rat picture :)

my buddy saved a rat from my other buddy, he was going to feed the baby rat to his monitor, my other buddy said hey wait a sec ill keep him, so he feeds it scraps, man i swear the thing has doubled in size in a month or so, its white, like a lab rat. not that cute, kinda gross really how he lets it crawl all over him and shit, it was funny when the cops tried to bust him, threw him on the ground hes like shit dude watch the rat, it was in his shirt pocket, the cops got super freaked out when they saw it.

hes a freak

We have a few mice up at my cabin. They think it there place except when we get up there. One time I went in and I guess I scared one of them. It tried to run through a hole in a rafter that was maybe 3/8" in diameter. It got it's head stuck in the hole and died apparently immediately. I found it shortly and tried to remove it. It was really stuck, the tail came off in my hand while pulling. I tried to push it back through from the other direction with a stick, that got really gross very quickly (blood cover stick, sickly sounds). Eventually I had to give up. I let it de-compose for a couple of weeks until next time we came up figuring that it would shrink a bit as it "aged". Sure enough I was able to pull it out quite easily the next trip.