Jambands.ca

free jewel cases

headygouda

This is my last attempt to give away ~500 (or as many as you need) CD jewel cases. I really don't want to throw it out and feed the earth anymore plastic, but am in desperate need of space! I've also posted on craigslist, hopefully I will find some takers.

If anyone can suggest other message boards or places to post for free stuff, please let me know. This is in the toronto area.. I might even deliver if reasonable. Yes, I am desperate to get rid of these.

SWEET! Esau, from what I can remember, you want the slim-cases. I purposely didn't include those in the post as I've been saving them for you. Next time I'm in the hammer, the JFJO show, I'll remember to bring them. I only have about 50 of those though.

StoneMtn - you are welcome to as many as you need.

You can email me at jason@rift.com (I get so much spam I don't care who sees this email ;o) and I'll give you my number. Umm..aren't you out west? You planning on flying back with these?! Oh wait.. lemme just PM you my number.

No worries man...I've actually went to regular cases since we discussed this last summer.I'll still grab the slimlines though,can always use more cases.Only have 10 spindles left to case...but I did find that dollar stores were carrying the regular cases (5 for $1) so I usually go once a month & take all they have.

It sounds like Esau claimed these before I did. I certainly don't want to steal anything from him, so if Esau wants them all, no problem.

... and ya, I live out West and was just planning to bring them home in my luggage. (They might be larger than I am picturing, though.)

what's with all the frikken cooperation here?

isn't amyone drinking yet? Not enough speed in yer drugs?

sheesh -- I'm with the Boo/uches -- more blood and hair flying please!!

and FYI -- there's a great way to get rid of unwanted junk and get it into the hands of people who want it -- freecycle.com

(I think someone posted about this before -- but it's a great service -- and seems to exist in every major Can city. you post what you have to give away and people respond and arrange pick-up. You're then asked to post a "taken" reply. the only draw-back -- if I didn't open my mail reader for a day or two, I'd have 500 messages to download. It also means you have to be pretty quick in your offer to take something, because things seem to go lickety-split. It's really cool though -- kinda a free version of eBay becasue I've seen the wackiest things like single socks (30 of 'em) and 1000 twist ties and the like.....)

Holy I never thought I'd get this type of response!

I think most of them are accounted for.. but, I still have about 2-300 cases with discs in them that I've been meaning to take out. So when/if I finally get around to it (I'll be EACing and FLACing them first), I'll be sure to let you know Can'o'phish!

I could bring them to the orbit room when kevin is back on mondays..when is that?

I could bring them to the orbit room when kevin is back on mondays..when is that?

WTF ... Back? Where did he go? What did I miss?

BTW, I AM drinking ... sure it's a good 9 hours post-Esau, but I had to be at work. I guess that doesn't mean much since we sometimes have wine-O Fridays ;)

ois not how longnya drink..just that you are

Awesome! I now have a new signature line...

EDIT TO CLARIFY:

Oh, and I hope no one got the impression that I'm against drinking alcohol. That wasn't my point. By all means, drink!

When I said I don't drink alcohol, I should have said I almost never do that; but I do drink very occasionally; getting drunk maybe once a year or less, and having a drink or two a couple of other times a year.

But ... for those of you who enjoy it, go for it! beer1.gif

In actual fact, I'm quite impressed with some of your stories of your Saturday nights (especially Esau) because I think I would be dead after drinking like some of you guys!

Here's to all of you ... cheers.gif

Edited by Guest