Jambands.ca

TSOOL This Wednesday @ The Horseshoe

Jaimoe

I The Soundtrack Of Our Lives open for Robert Plant that night, but their real gig is at the Horseshoe later that night - few bands really shine as an opening act, although Stevie Ray kicked Plant's ass in the 80's.

Anyway, I'm inviting people over for a pre-party on Wednesday night. Say, 7-ish: Scott " Cowboy " I'm looking your way.

Hey Jaimoe,

I'll be seeing TSOOL open for Robert Plant Wednesday night.

If they blow my mind and I can convince Rachael to go to the Horseshow and it's not sold out I'll see you after Plant.

BTW the Who's Tommy exibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was quite good.

Edited by Guest

That's what I was implying too Booche. However, I've read new reviews of TSOOL opening for Plant at large venues in the States and they have been generally positive.

But... when TSOOL headlines in smaller venues, the magic and the balls out rock & roll cannot be ignored.

I understand what both of you are saying, it's just that I have to convince my girlfriend to go to the Horseshoe after the Amphtitheatre gig. This might be difficult to do since we're seeing TSOOL opening for Plant, if Rachael (and I) isn't really impressed, the likelihood of seeing them twice in one night is slim.

I understand what both of you are saying, it's just that I have to convince my girlfriend to go to the Horseshoe after the Amphtitheatre gig. This might be difficult to do since we're seeing TSOOL opening for Plant, if Rachael (and I) isn't really impressed, the likelihood of seeing them twice in one night is slim.

Offer to buy her drinks ;) That always works. She'll have a rockin' good time no matter what at the small show. DO IT timmyB

I The Soundtrack Of Our Lives open for Robert Plant that night, but their real gig is at the Horseshoe later that night - few bands really shine as an opening act, although Stevie Ray kicked Plant's ass in the 80's.

Anyway, I'm inviting people over for a pre-party on Wednesday night. Say, 7-ish: Scott " Cowboy " I'm looking your way.

i'm in for the show :)

i'll be there with my buddy Ian sometime after 9

Jaimoe, thanks for the pre-party invite but i've got some shit to do before show time and it's already almost 7

guess i'll run into you at the Shoe

can't wait

I'll write a proper review in the very near future, but for now this will do:

I loved tonight's concert. It was everything I didn't anticipate it would be: psychedelic and not relying on the hits - relying on interesting album cuts.

Of course TSOOL delivered a few trademark crowd-pleasing anthems, but in general, this night was as Syd Barrett-influenced as they come... and bless them for that. I wasn't at the Plant show, but I'll hypothesize that TSOOL's opening set may have leaned towards the anthemic.

I urge anyone who loves Floyd or balls-out rock to check this band out. They may not be part of the jam scene yet, but they should and will be soon.

I loved tonight's concert. It was everything I didn't anticipate it would be: psychedelic and not relying on the hits - relying on interesting album cuts.

Of course TSOOL delivered a few trademark crowd-pleasing anthems, but in general, this night was as Syd Barrett-influenced as they come... and bless them for that. I wasn't at the Plant show, but I'll hypothesize that TSOOL's opening set may have leaned towards the anthemic.

I saw TSOOL for the first time opening for Robert Plant yesterday. I thought they were fantastic, a band that epitomized a rock and roll that is not often seen anymore. With a lot of the stereotypical guitar stances often looking like Pete Townshend jumping up in the air with his feet behind him and the guitar straight in the air or with his legs apart and arm in the air ready to do the windmill, but they didn't do the windmill.

Also I thought it was hilarious that the drummer was in a referees uniform, was he in the same clothes at the Horseshoe?

I wished that after the Plant show I could have gone to the Horseshoe to see this band perform a full show proper, but unfortunately there were three others in my car that made that impossible for me to accomplish. Their opening set was far too short running only 36 minutes, this was especially bothersome when Plant performed his set at 10:33PM, 27 minutes before curfew, which TSOOL could have used to perform a few more songs.

Here is what the TSOOL performed at the Molson Amphitheatre. I hope that this helps Jaimoe determine whether or not they leaned towards the anthemic at the Amphitheatre.

TSOOL

The Molson Amphitheatre

Wednesday July 6, 2005

Start time 7:32PM

1. Broken Imaginary Time

2. Infra Riot

3. Instant Repeater 99

4. Big Time

5. Heading For a Breakdown

6. Sister Surround

End time 8:08PM (Total time 36 minutes)

Hey Jaimore,

Looking at the CD Singles for TSOOL for Sweden, the United Kingdom and Europe, it looks like the Molson Amphitheatre opening set got three of their singles "Sister Surround," "Big Time" and "Heading For a Breakdown."

Did they perform those three other songs at the Horseshoe?

Actually I thought it was funny that you stated that they were "not relying on their hits" as even though they have CD Single releases in Europe, do they actually have hits?

Big Time is a big time tune.........I love that song.

It is wise not to be driving on the 401 with it blasting through your speakers. Speeding tickets will soon arrive.

Did that actually happen to you Booche? If so that's too bad.

I too enjoy the song "Big Time" by TSOOL.

Actually it seems that I enjoy every song title "Big Time" that I know. First their was the classic "Big Time" by Peter Gabriel off his 'So' album, it also had a great video that was a lot like "Sledgehammer."

Then there is the Neil Young & Crazy Horse "Big Time" off of 'Broken Arrow.' Which has one of my favorite choruses in a Neil Young song

Talkin' bout a friend of mine

Talkin' bout a gold mine

Richest vein in any mountain

Talkin' bout the enemy

Inside of me

Talkin' bout

that youthful fountain

Talkin' bout you and me

Talkin' bout eternity

Talkin' bout the big time

I loved how everytime I saw Young do the song live he would point to the sky after the last line of that chorus.

Now there is TSOOL song titled "Big Time." Does anybody else know any other artists that have a song titled "Big Time?"

Miles Davis, Peter Gabriel and Rick James all come to mind immediately...

AD

I had already stated Gabriel, but I totally forgot about Miles Davis. I had no idea about Rick James thanks.

I think I'm going to make a compilation album of songs entitled "Big Time."

Anyone else with that song title out there?

Also I thought it was hilarious that the drummer was in a referees uniform, was he in the same clothes at the Horseshoe?

yup. wore it last time they were here too.

the show was great!

they hooked me in during Keep the Line Moving and it just got better

after seeing what they played at the Amphitheatre it's no wonder i didn't get to hear Instant Repeater 99..they did however play Sister Surround, Big Time & Breakkdown

it was good hangin' with Sari & QQC @ the show :)

my ears are still ringing

Guest Low Roller

Big Time is a glorious rock 'n roll anthem. TSOOL are an amazingly fun live band that is barely scratching at the surface of what they can accomplish. Things will only get better for them.