Jambands.ca

Shainhouse, u still in London? hope your OK!

secondtube

Guest Low Roller

I was there last week to pick up my work visa from the Saudi embassy.

The world is getting a little too real, won't be able to ignore it much longer.

From the updated version of the CBC story I linked to, above:

Foreign Affairs has set up a hotline for Canadians with strong reasons to believe their relatives might have been travelling in London transit this morning. They should have on hand the missing person's full name, date of birth and passport number before calling the toll-free hotline at 1-800-387-3124.

Aloha,

Brad

There goes any and all focus on Africa at the G8 meetings. Thanks for coming out Geldof, but nobody will care now.

Can we please clear the floor for Bush and his Kill 'Em All agenda?

Not discounting the sadness and horror of these attacks, just trying to point out a tragedy within the tragedy.

Not discounting the sadness and horror of these attacks, just trying to point out a tragedy within the tragedy.

You're absolutely right. We can expect to get the default response, which is to wallow still further in more violence, escalating where possible. Terrorists know their business alright.

The persistently cynical side of me says that the G8 wasn't going to give a crap about the Live 8 goals anyway; they'd already been making that clear.

Shaking head sadly and slowly...

There goes any and all focus on Africa at the G8 meetings. Thanks for coming out Geldof' date=' but nobody will care now.[/quote']

Exactly what I was thinking. Amazing what a few bombs can do.

Just heard on the CBC that due to Tony Blair returning back to London. The G8 summit decisions could be virtually impossible when it comes to issues such as climate change.

Dunno what the full impact of this may be, but it'll be interesting to see what the G8 leaders do in response to Blair's abscence.

Deeps

Edited by Guest

British Home Secretary Charles Clarke has confirmed four blasts took place:

Between Aldgate East and Liverpool Street subway stations. (7 dead)

Between Russell Square and King's Cross subway stations. (21 dead)

At Edgware Road subway station. (5 dead)

On a bus at Woburn Place near Tavistock Square. (2 dead)

When I did my semester in London, I lived right between Russell Square and King's Cross. I can't believe a bomb went off there today.

From www.billboard.com

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. July 07, 2005, 2:55 PM ET

Terrorist Attacks Force London Concert Cancellations

By Ray Waddell, Nashville and Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Today's (July 7) terrorist bombings in London have forced the cancellation or postponement of a number of concerts in the city. They include Sum 41's show at Astoria, the Prodigy at London Carling Brixton, Nate James at Shepherd's Bush Empire and El Presidente at the Underbelly.

Billboard.com has learned tomorrow's planned gig in Hyde Park by Queen + Paul Rodgers has been postponed until July 15, while R.E.M.'s Saturday show at the same venue has been moved to July 16. Tickets for the postponed dates will be valid for the new shows.

Queens Of The Stone Age was scheduled to perform two shows tonight at London's Somerset House and Camden's Koko, but both have been postponed; a new date has yet to be announced. "The band's hearts go out to everyone affected by this horrible attack," reads a message on QOTSA's official Web site.

Billboard.com also understands the status of Snoop Dogg's July 11 show at the MEN Arena in Manchester is uncertain.