Jambands.ca

huey lewis and the news

thatpatguy

a few buddy's of mine spent all night at the jammys partying' with Huey. they said he's a super nice dude and love to party wink wink

the 80's are back! check out the new band i'm working for http://www.dragonette.com/ or listen to the new single i get around

dragonett are dan kurtz(thenewdeal), martina sorbara, simon craig, joel stouffer(thefatcats)

dragonett are dan kurtz(thenewdeal), martina sorbara, simon craig, joel stouffer(thefatcats)

that seems like a pretty solid lineup..

i remember joel back in highschool was the drummer for all of our school bands mainly jazz, i saw some of the best jams i have personally witnessed during the after choir sessions they busted out.. joel stouffer, paul matthews and alex dickie.. man i miss those days..

Anyone else here see Huey Lewis in the movie "Duets", in which he plays a hustler on the competitive karaoke circuit? Gwyneth Paltrow costars.

I like the acapella version of "Freebird" at the end of the movie. (Can't recall the name of the guy who sings it.)

the 80's are back!

Somebody kill me now.

hang on, me first :)

although i will admit that huey lewis is sort of a guilty pleasure...he plays a pretty mean harp too, and has some connection to jerry through being in sf at the same time in the same scene. or perhaps that's an overextended rationalization...

I like the sound of Dan Kurtz and Joel 'Litwiller' Stouffer as the rhythm section. I wonder how Dan and Joel met I don't think of them travelling in the same circles. Joel is an incredibly gifted musician, I think the time he spent studying in New York in part under Metalwood's drummer Ian Froman really shaped him. The name of the drum collective is escaping me for the moment but Billy Martin has some association with them as well.