Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take... If the Sens can manage a split on the road, game 3 isn't until Monday which gives a few extra days to heal, they might start to get some guys back in the line-up (Kelly at least) and have a chance at an upset. If they come home 0-2, it will be over quickly.

One of the guys on Saturday's Hotstove (Scott Morrison maybe?) assumed the Sens were Pat Quinn'ing everyone and Alfie would play in game 1. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, don't know what that was based on. To keep things in perspective, Al Strachan said in the segment that a Speeza for Luongo deal was a real possibility. ?

Here's the thing, Strachan may be a jerk but he's not an idiot. He doesn't just throw made-up rumours around.

Remember the time he reported that Owen Nolan was about to be traded? John Davidson tore him a new a-hole right there on the air, said it was a fabrication. Owen Nolan was dealt 3 days later.

I heard that too Rahmer and wondered what Al was on!

It usually looks like his sitting on something during those segments. What an awkward looking little man ;)

fuÇk OFF TROLL.

Don't feed him then. He's simply a Karma Troll. Fans that give it out have to be able to take it too (it's like comedy, you gotta be able to laugh at yerself) :D

One of the guys on Saturday's Hotstove (Scott Morrison maybe?) assumed the Sens were Pat Quinn'ing everyone and Alfie would play in game 1. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, don't know what that was based on

Yeah. You know I was thinking that too. Come the playoffs, you basically can't believe ANYTHING that is said by players, coaches, etc. regarding the health or injuries of teammates. Not saying that Alfie/Fisher will be back for the first round, but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if they did make it back in the lineup.

My take... If the Sens can manage a split on the road, game 3 isn't until Monday which gives a few extra days to heal, they might start to get some guys back in the line-up (Kelly at least) and have a chance at an upset. If they come home 0-2, it will be over quickly.

That's a good prediction. Getting the split on the road is key. Raise the confidence of the players/fans/etc then they get on home ice and anything can happen. It's in their heads as much as anything.

Hey, Spezza for Luongo?? Where did that come from? Interesting.

Remember the time he reported that Owen Nolan was about to be traded? John Davidson tore him a new a-hole right there on the air, said it was a fabrication. Owen Nolan was dealt 3 days later.

And here's the other more important thing. If you are the GM of the Canucks, are you really going to trade Luongo for Spezza? Obviously more would have to come on the table........but............

I know I certainly wouldnt. Then again, I was an asshole to Badams when he suggested Huet would be traded before the deadline.

Lets get his take!

Not saying this deal would ever happen, but have the Canucks been able to win with Luongo? No. Do they desperately need scoring? Yes.

Again, I highly HIGHLY doubt this will go down. But somehow Luongo has already been traded twice in this league.

Remember the time he reported that Owen Nolan was about to be traded? John Davidson tore him a new a-hole right there on the air' date=' said it was a fabrication. Owen Nolan was dealt 3 days later. [/quote']

And here's the other more important thing. If you are the GM of the Canucks, are you really going to trade Luongo for Spezza? Obviously more would have to come on the table........but............

I know I certainly wouldnt. Then again, I was an asshole to Badams when he suggested Huet would be traded before the deadline.

Lets get his take!

I have read and heard talk of Luongo going to Ottawa. It doesn't make any sense to me. For years Vancouver was crying for goaltending with guys like Potvin, Cloutier etc. They have always had some talent up front but were not nearly as good in the back end.

Now they have a phenominal individual in that position. A definite top 3 guy, now, and likely for many years. He is their Brodeur or Roy.

Why would they trade him at all and especially for Spezza? (though I'm sure there would be more to the deal than just those two)

Spezza is a great talent but i don't think he has the character to carry a team. There are few goalies who can carry a team (Luongo is one). There are more F who can contribute. I like Spezza but if Vancouver loses Naslund, Morrison they will be no better off.

So why trade your franchis player for someone elses 3rd best? Then you will be back to no goaltending and actually a weaker offense than you used to have.

Maybe it's because I'm a Habs fan but I can see how strong goaltending can carry a franchise (Dryden, Roy, and now the beginning of Price)

I can't see why they would trade Luongo for Spezza but heck, stranger things have happened.