Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please. The Leafs could not have handled the Pens in the playoffs. Get real! Mind you, they sure would have shown up better than the Pens' opponents that did make it.

Interesting how you wave off speculation and then introduce your own as fact

i just take issue with stupid classy talk between fans.. we are trash talkin eachother, well a bit of a one-way street at the moment, its not meant to be classy.

I was actually mocking Booche with the "stay classy" line. I think "classy" is one of the worst cliches in hockey, although I'm sure I've used it myself before.

But yeah, it is a bit of a one-way street. Makes you guys come off like extreme bores.

I was actually mocking Booche with the "stay classy" line. I think "classy" is one of the worst cliches in hockey, although I'm sure I've used it myself before.

But yeah, it is a bit of a one-way street. Makes you guys come off like extreme bores.

ahh i see. agreed on the classy cliche.

i think we are coming off as a laugh riot.. no?

I was actually mocking Booche with the "stay classy" line. I think "classy" is one of the worst cliches in hockey' date=' although I'm sure I've used it myself before.

[/quote']

ahh i see. agreed on the classy cliche.

i think we are coming off as a laugh riot.. no?

I think we need to meet for a beer and talk over our differences. ;)

Dave Hodge gives the gladiator a thumbs down

The pre-game histrionics of a Russell Crowe pretender in full gladiator garb, miked up so he could bark a script that Vince McMahon would have rejected, and looking as if he'd start laughing if he could see his reflection in the ice, was so bad I couldn't react because I had to wait for my mouth to close.

Pumped for the game tonight! [color:purple]I'm sure the reason they're playing so bad is because I haven't been there yet. [color:red]GO SENS!

Hey, you can always try casting a spell, magic, or praying ...

ottcover.jpg

THROWING GAME?

As a fan of the Senators, Grove believes his team might win tonight, but not necessarily because they are the stronger team.

"From an economics point of view, it might be in the Penguins' best interest to throw the game," said Grove.

"They know they can kill us at will, so why not do it at home where they can get one more gate, sell more T-shirts and get louder cheers?"

For fans looking to improve the team's chances tonight, there are a few so-called "good luck spells" they could try.

The following suggestion is from The Good Spell Book compiled by Gillian Kemp.

Hold a charm in your hand (any kind of charm will do), light a candle and chant the following three times: "This simple wish is mine to cast, a magic spell to make it last. I close my eyes, a little shiver, this wish for me now please deliver."

When you have finished your wish, drop the charm and blow the candle out.

If you would rather do something to end the Sens' recent streak of bad luck, you could try this exercise.

Go for a walk and pick up seven twigs from the ground, one to represent each day of the week.

BURNING TWIGS

Traditionally, the twigs should be ash for Monday, beech for Tuesday, elm for Wednesday, oak for Thursday, horse chestnut for Friday, yew for Saturday and elder for Sunday.

Take them home, snap them into pieces and burn them in a fireplace and say, "Ill luck is broken, as these words are spoken."

[color:purple]Yup, that's it, Pens are going to throw this game so that they can make some more money at the igloo.