Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

11) Melnyk listening to Murray and then firing John Muckler.

Foligno's next jump:

b4210ec2.jpg

Yeah, that goes hand in hand with my number one... but now, we got to stick with Murray as far as his Donovans, Stillmans, and Commodores are concerned, or we'll end up 'Nonis'ing' or Maple Leaf'ing our team...

Nice pic... it's funny cause it's true.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Alfie is a hero for coming back. The team just did not have it at all. If the regular season was but a week longer, they probably would not have even made the playoffs.

I do think that Melnik will hit at least a partial reboot button, because he's threatened the team management previously about poor performance.

In Ottawa's defence Pittsburgh is an incredible team, and I doubt that any team would have fared better.

See you next year!

P.S. PLEASE change your lame pyjama uniforms.

I was just reading an article that basically stated that this year's exit was especially painful and I couldn't disagree more - this one hardly registered. Fuck, it was months in the making and the pain the was nicely distributed.

Thanks for another year Sens - I'll be back for more.

I was just reading an article that basically stated that this year's exit was especially painful and I couldn't disagree more - this one hardly registered. Fuck, it was months in the making and the pain the was nicely distributed.

Thanks for another year Sens - I'll be back for more.

Agreeance. I didn't think I'd be able to watch the handshakes but I was dead inside by the time the game ended.

See you next season!

Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

Anyone who didn’t realize by the end of December that this was exactly how this season was going to end was either blindly optimistic or hopelessly naïve. One thing is certain, those folks haven’t been watching very closely.

We never got it back. This team lost everything, its confidence, its swagger, its resilience just before Christmas and we never got it back. It’s as simple as that. And everything The Bryan tried turned to shite. Fire the coach? Nope. Trade for Commodore and Stillman? Nope. Finally send Rayzor into the dark hole of obscurity he so richly deserved. Nope and nope.

We can try and use Paddock, or injuries to key players or any number of bad breaks as ready made excuses, but that’s all they are. Excuses. The truth is they weren’t good enough. They didn’t skate hard enough. They didn't hit hard enough. They couldn't score, and they couldn't stop the other team from scoring. Despite all of the platitudes repeated over and over all season long, the same mistakes were made by the same people over and over again. And they were our supposed “starsâ€. Redden, Meszaros, Gerber, Emery…

There will be time enough in the next few days to pick at the scab and come to grips with the question of how exactly a season that started so strong could come to this. But for now, we’ll have to settle for the obvious. A group of incredibly talented athletes started to play badly, and none of them thought to work hard enough to fix it. Worse, they didn’t seem to care enough to try.

Notice how not one player made any of the excuses that blogger did.

Nor should they. If at all possible any excuses (valid or not) should be kept in the dressing room. No need to feed the media monster out there. That goes for any team.

The Sens off season will be interesting. They are a good team and can rebound. They could also fall apart. In this day of age teams can have flashes of brilliance and then fade away. The Sens have been good for many years, they just need to right the ship a bit.

Notice how not one player made any of the excuses that blogger did.

That may be true but Eugene Melnyk was kind of lame to blame the season on injuries during his interview with Scott Oake last night.

I'm thinking that was spoken out of high emotion or some alcohol :)

After a few days / weeks cooler heads will prevail and the decision making processes will begin.

One bet from back in January down Dinghy, one to go. Betting with Sens fans this year was easier money than pirating music off the internets.

The betting was so easy that you managed to secure a grand total of 2 bets? And you live in Ottawa!