Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

I said he's pretty bad at winning face offs. But I also think he's the heart and soul of the team and will be the next captain once Alfie is gone.

D'oh. Sorry about that. He's definitely a valuable player to the team. Get him playing consistently and you'll see a lot of production.

As for Alfie leaving ... well, it can't be soon enough. Maybe they should send him down to Florida to play with Martin again :) Trade him while somebody still thinks he's decent (2nd liner at best for the Sens).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yanic would be a good signing for the Sens as far as I am concerned.

I guarantee seeing combinations consisting of him taking the draw with Spezza (or Fisher if Spezza is being a cock) and Heatly as forwards with Alfie and Redden on the point.

That's a fucking formidable powerplay.

Talks break down with Perrault.

TALKS FALLING APART: Unless he has a change of heart, C Yanic Perreault won't be wearing a Senators uniform this season. While GM John Muckler has held talks with representatives for the 34-year-old unrestricted free agent, the talks broke down yesterday and Perreault is likely headed elsewhere. The Predators, Blackhawks, Lightning, Islanders, Rangers, Panthers and Coyotes have also shown an interest. Perreault, who is great on faceoffs, had 58 points last season with the Predators. Many insiders think he's going to sign somewhere in the next 24 hours, but the Senators are reluctant to pay out the $1 million US Perreault wants. Chicago GM Dale Tallon confirmed yesterday that with injuries to Fs Michal Handzus and Martin Havlat the club is looking at bringing in Perreault.

I really like Kanada Kev's contributions to this forum thus far. A Leaf fan that can admit when they are wrong?

Who would have thunk it?

LOl ... thanks. I'm not usually wrong, but I freely admit to when I think the Leafs are wrong

I think I could watch a Habs-Leafs game with this guy and not want to kill him.

Trust me, you could (not kill me). I love watching Leafs Habs games. Probably the best game I got to attend in person was the final Leaf game at the Old Forum. It was a nail-biter to the finish with the Habs winning in the dying seconds (scoring on Potvin). The pregame had all the living Habs captains at the time come out to Pass The Torch. Holy shit was it powerful when Richard got a 9 minute standing ovation. Sends shivers up my spine, and tears to my eyes, just typing about it.

Go Leafs ... Go Habs

HE SURE CAN!

Probably the best game I got to attend in person was the final Leaf game at the Old Forum. It was a nail-biter to the finish with the Habs winning in the dying seconds (scoring on Potvin). The pregame had all the living Habs captains at the time come out to Pass The Torch. Holy sh!t was it powerful when Richard got a 9 minute standing ovation. Sends shivers up my spine, and tears to my eyes, just typing about it.

Chris Neil and Brian McGrattan fired their own verbal shots in the direction of Wade Belak this morning.

While they wanted to stay away from the trash talking, Neil and McGrattan didn't like being labelled "idiots" by the Leafs defenceman.

The comments from Belak came in advance of tonight's rematch of the Battle of Ontario tonight at Scotiabank Place. The Senators aren't happy winger Darcy Tucker beat up winger Patrick Eaves.

"That's a pretty big word for him (Belak). Somebody must have told it to him," said Neil . "I just look at where it's coming from."

McGrattan laughed it off.

"The guys with the biggest mouths usually can't back it up," said McGrattan. "He can call us what he wants. All I know is me and Neiler, we can back it up."

For his part, Tucker shared his thoughts about all the media attention following Tuesday night's game.

"I grew up watching the Oilers and I'm used to the hype. It's good for the game," said Tucker.

"I like the comments that everybody thinks I'm one of the tougher guys on the team. I find that amusing. I guess you guys feel that way. I've never been that way."

Then, he accused the Ottawa media of being homers.

"The writers in Ottawa obviously love their team," said Tucker. "I wish it was that way in Toronto sometimes. There, they are more even-keeled."

Anton Volchenkov, who bruised his left shoulder in the Senators 6-2 victory Tuesday, will be in the lineup.

Hats off to the Sens. After the first, they took over in every way. Heatley, Corvo, Spezza and Fisher all looked great. That Spezza goal was pretty sweet.

Enough of me saying how good the Sens were ... the Leafs blew it ...

Alfie couldn't even muster a single point in a 7-2 win?!?!?!? And he only one shot on net over 8 power plays?!??!?! He is a funny little man :)

Did i tell you that Tucker would be ordered to do absolutely no retaliation last night? He took a lot of hits and kept on going. Was prob the best of the Leafs last night.

So, with two Ottawa wins in a row over the Leafs we can now safely say that the Sens are going to win the Cup? :D

Humbly . . .

Kanada Kev =8)