Jambands.ca

Lose Yer Shoes

TonyRage

So I hope to see many many people this weekend. Not too big a drive. Looks like a sweet spot too. Cowadelic and all that.

I'll be there.

Playing my first festival.

Pretty excited.

Sweet.

See you there.

All right then.

Nice.

What was it people used to say here...something taboo.

Giv'r!

What a sweet time...

I think the musicians outnumbered the audience, but still had one of the best times. Every festival should be at that place, what a sweet spot.

Great seeing all the folks.... Kaidey Mae, Willy, Mark, Lenny, Heidi, Dave, Deb, and others... all stellar folks. And it was great to party with the Brinapple... I love meeting people with the same sense of humour as me.... holy laughing.

Those drum jams were downright tribal, my hands still hurt.

It was so hard to leave on Sunday, I was practically dragged away with beer and pipe in hand. I don't know who invented Mondays, but I'd like to smack'em.

See you crazies at CTMF.

LOL, it was so adorable to see you sulking away to your car Kev. I know you'll hate to hear this, but Willie was certainly worth sticking around for. I finally collected my things (and found my shoes) to hit the road around 8:30. Wow! What an exhausting weekend.

It was so great to see everyone. There certainly was a small turnout, but there were SO MANY wonderful people. Brinapple, Rick, Paan, Deb, Dave, Cass, Leo, Beck, Josh, Willy, Leanne, Beth, Carrie, Heidi, Kimmer, Andrea, Teekens, Jaydawg, Sarah, Ian, Pete, Doug, Jeremy, etc...it was so nice to have you all at the camp fire. I apologize for my quick disappearing act on Saturday night...twice. LOL The first time I needed to get to the forest to make sure the ground was still there (I met some wonderful trees...LOL) and the second time was to curl up in the tent, read and listen to Brinapple screaming for me to get up and calling me the "C" word. Bastard! I blame it on the ho juice (AKA wine) though. That stuff killed me (despite people's claims that the gin and fun guys had something to do with it). Goodbye to all of you who left before I woke up on Sunday. I was sleeping off my hangover.

Also, that Saturday CJ/BNB jam was phenominal. We need to see Fliposandwhich and Crissinger together on stage more. WOW!!! Nothing quite beats Down With the Sound under the big northern sky. Thank you musicians! That was just awesome!

Special thanks also to my darling friend Mark. You know I always love to hear you play Cowgirl in the Sand. Sure does take me back. :) See you on Tuesday!

Thank you Brother Tom. You're the best!

Fantastic time. One of the best festivals i've been to. All smiles and hugs and dancing all weekend long. Reminds me of back when CTMF was just a little festival and you could almost meet everyone before it was over.

The Caution Jam / Burt Neilson Band blender was absolutely stellar. Mike and Mark 'dueling' at centre stage is an image that will remain engrained in my mind for some time to come.

Great seeing and partying with everyone at the stages, at the sites, at the river, and of course in Narnia. :)

Love and peace!

The Caution Jam / Burt Neilson Band blender was absolutely stellar. Mike and Mark 'dueling' at centre stage is an image that will remain engrained in my mind for some time to come.

This sounds like magic to my ears and eyes ... here's hoping for some blending at the upcoming Come Together Fest.

Peace, Mark

Yes, all kinds of things were lost. ;) Luckily the dinghy made it home in one piece. Phew!

Tonin, for the sake of your ears and eyes I sure hope you get a Mark/Mike guitar-down at CT. They were both incredible. The whole Saturday night show kicked solid ass.

Paan, I could definitely have used one of our anti-downer moons. LOL However, I still blame the wine for my demise. Staying up with Beck, Josh and Mark until 8:30 that morning probably didn't help either. Oh, my insides! And if Deb had've found be the big stick I so needed I would have been super energized to raft my way to the drum circle (logistically impossible, but man, the adventure I would've had regardless). I can't believe we burned through a 1/4 lb bag of craziness in 2 days. Jesus! Oh yeah, that butter ripple liquer kinda did me in too. I became a machine. I could throw back every liquid put in front of me. Sadly though, I forgot what said liquids would do to my brain and my Sunday. :( I must admit, I'm a little apprehensive to do it all again tomorrow. Yikes!

Ah yes the butterscotch stuff... that sure was yummy, man, you can drink that stuff like its water...

It was also cool learning the word snog. A great addition to my vocabulary.

And that Particle CD rocks!

And thanks Lenny/Willy for din-din, that was so sweet sitting around there sipping wine, haven't felt that content in a while. But now Shelby wants me to buy a VW van too!!

"I don't have kids...the jugde already awarded them to you. They're your problem now."

"uuum, I just took a whole lotta fun guys...make sure Dave doesn't do the same...."

KM, you were great with the girls, as was Beth, Brinapple & Rick. Couldn't have managed without you. (Well, certainly wouldn't have had as much fun without you!!!!) THANKS, THANKS, THANKS A MILL!

This sounds like magic to my ears and eyes ... here's hoping for some blending at the upcoming Come Together Fest.

I'm pretty sure that I saw Les' recording gear set up near the soundboard. I wonder if he was just mic'ing or grabbed a feed from the board too? We'll have to see if we can fenangle a copy from him.

Now that was a great weekend. The tunes were wonderful and the bugs were minimal. To all the Scully's thanks for the fun and entertainment.

Thanks Kaidy for the lift and Andrea and Kevin for the lift back.

Hey Carrie need some help with your easy cot?

Heidi thanks for the yummy beans

Now back to packing and preparing for ABB on Tuesday.....

Edited by Guest

Butterscotch nipples in Narnia - nothing beats that. Narnia hahaha.

Great to meet some new people and to formally meet some others, finally putting names to faces.

For CTMF I am going to try to beat my record for the amount of layers of clothing I can put on my upper body.

KaidyMae/Dave/Deb/kids/Beth/Brianapple/Rick/Heidi and the rest of the fine folks of Narnia great times.

Music was fantastic, weather, people...can't wait to do it all again in a couple of weeks with even more music and more people.

and yes Beth, I do love that 'easy bed' hehe...you realize I can't ever go camping without you.

That was a pretty sweet weekend. In spite of failing to retain consciousness past 1 on Friday night, I was able to enjoy everybody's company the next one, and in the meantime soaked up so much rich music; the band combinations - Mark W with Diesel Dog, and BNB with Caution Jam (and I saw Jay up there at one point too) were among the better "how much better does it get" sorts of moments for me I've had. My only regret is hearing only one Willie P. tune before we split (my bad; being up at 6 is really no fun under any circumstances - unless you're still awake, that is). I really enjoyed splashing about in the river behind the stage, too, until I learned about the nasty farm effluent up river (*shudder*).

Thanks, everybody, for a great time! I expect we can see the usual suspects in Waterford in a couple of weeks (farm effluent aftermath permitting).

One more "shout-out", to the lovely Rick -- who agreed to be dragged along to this nonsense and willingly partook and enjoyed himself immensely (way to pick 'em, Brinapple!!!)

He arrived with a pickup truck FULL of junk food and treats. I've never seen Cassia's eyes as wide as when she laid eyes on that!!!!

Our girls had more refined sugar this past weekend than in their entire lifetimes....and the interesting thing was, after the manic sugar-high "fetch-the-children-out-of-the-trees" period, they both crashed with the sugar-lows (Lacey's phrase: the terrible remorse of the sugar-junkie) allowing the adults to use different substances to reach similar highs, LOL!!!!

Damn you Rick and your buttered nipples! :P

That boat of chips on Saturday night was spinning my stomach like you wouldn't believe. Okay, so now I blame that and the chip boat for me having to roll around in the woods (FYI Lacey, I was alone, let's not get any rumours started here folks). :P

twas a great time! long ass haul in a vdub though!

THANKS to WILLY we were able to get started up and get home! THANkyou very much again...

Plus great seein you guys again.

Great to meet you Paan AGAIN..haha met so many times but always forget names

and to all the others I met thanks for a really nice intimate time!

twas a great time! long ass haul in a vdub though!

THANKS to WILLY we were able to get started up and get home! THANkyou very much again...

Plus great seein you guys again.

Great to meet you Paan AGAIN..haha met so many times but always forget names

and to all the others I met thanks for a really nice intimate time!

Is that Heather or Brian? In any event, I was more than happy to be able to help out a fellow VW owner. I wish I could have worked some magic and rebuilt Jaydawg's transmission for him but unfortunately I wouldn't even have known which end to look for the transmission in. (The transmission is the grill in the front that transmits air to the interior right? ;))

It was certainly a long haul in the VW. We got home in 3.5 hours. Did anyone else lose their minds over how beautiful that sunset was?